Replacing plan J

Thanks Kstein ,Newby, Goillini and DS4. About

Kstein, $120.00 a month less in premium. Underwriting I don’t know yet because I got stopped at the plan J. I should have went deeper with health questions. The carrier quote I received was from Humana.

Newby, Goillini and DS4 this plan is a United Healthcare from 2007. After The Part D implement.

One more question. Is she only eligible for the F or only the G?

They will have to go through underwriting but if they stay with UHC and move to plan G they retain original entry age rate band in some states.

To my knowledge, she's eligible to apply for any Supplement plan offered in her state, but if she was in a guaranteed issue situation, the F would be her guaranteed plan because her 65th birthday occurred prior to 1/1/2020. If she had turned 65 after 1/1/2020, the G would be her guarantee option.
Her GI option would be an F. Her new F plan will be just as good as her old J Plan but with a better rate.
Write the app.
Write her with a company that pays full commission on GI biz though. In Indiana they are all supposed to. But some don't.

Can anyone give me a reason to replace a plan J for a 79 year old female other than a reduction of her premium of $299.5 and a commission? I think this plan is better than what we can offer now? Am I wrong? This looks like it was a Cadillac of Plans. I won’t replace it if I can’t help the client.

Honestly, what do you want to switch her to? What's the savings? Does she have the drug add-on? Personally, if it were me.. Here's the question I'd answer:

If it was my dad, would I advise him to switch plans?

Then I'd present it.

You can save X, but this is what you'd give up.

Then let her make a decision.

If she asks your opinion, then give it. J used to be a boss plan. That's why it went away... but since I don't offer J I'd leave it up to her.

Honestly, what do you want to switch her to? What's the savings? Does she have the drug add-on? Personally, if it were me.. Here's the question I'd answer:

If it was my dad, would I advise him to switch plans?

Then I'd present it.

You can save X, but this is what you'd give up.

Then let her make a decision.

If she asks your opinion, then give it. J used to be a boss plan. That's why it went away... but since I don't offer J I'd leave it up to her.
That Plan J had no drug plan. And even the ones that did had a garbage RX benefit (you were not allowed to call it a drug plan) and it was not creditable coverage to qualify for a Part D with no penality.

But the ONLY difference between that later Plan J and the Plan F was a $150 per year credit toward a stop smoking class which RARELY got used by anyone even though a local radio DJ in my area got certified to administer and promoted the HECK out of it. He gave up due to lack of attendance. I'm sure other areas had similar results.

I would make this sale to YOUR dad as well as my dad every day and twice on Sundays.

That Plan J had no drug plan. And even the ones that did had a garbage RX benefit (you were not allowed to call it a drug plan) and it was not creditable coverage to qualify for a Part D with no penality.

But the ONLY difference between that later Plan J and the Plan F was a $150 per year credit toward a stop smoking class which RARELY got used by anyone even though a local radio DJ in my area got certified to administer and promoted the HECK out of it. He gave up due to lack of attendance. I'm sure other areas had similar results.

I would make this sale to YOUR dad as well as my dad every day and twice on Sundays.

Sorry, my dad won't listen to you. If he wasn't my dad I wouldn't take him on as a client.

You remember a different Plan J than I do. I never heard about the quit smoking benefit. :wacko:

The 2nd Plan J (no RX) had these different benefits over Plan F:

Plan J and Plan F each provide coverage for foreign travel emergency care as well. While Plan F allots for coverage of 80% of costs, Plan J provides 100% coverage.

Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan J coverage also provides two additional benefits that are not found in Plan F:

• At-home recovery care (up to $1600 a year@$40 a visit)
  • Preventive care (up to $120 a year)

Reactions: DS4
You remember a different Plan J than I do. I never heard about the quit smoking benefit. :wacko:

The 2nd Plan J (no RX) had these different benefits over Plan F:

Plan J and Plan F each provide coverage for foreign travel emergency care as well. While Plan F allots for coverage of 80% of costs, Plan J provides 100% coverage.

Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan J coverage also provides two additional benefits that are not found in Plan F:

• At-home recovery care (up to $1600 a year@$40 a visit)
  • Preventive care (up to $120 a year)
It was the preventive care benefit. When you dug into that the only difference was the stop smoking classes.
Seems like the newer Plan F’s (Modernized Plans) cover the at home also but I don’t remember on that exactly. Could be mistaken.

Old Plan H & I had a yearly Rx cap of $1250, Plan J was $3000. There was also a “ drugless” Plan J once Part D began. I still have clients on these old embedded Rx plans.

How do these work?

Do they have drug lists and prices like I am used to seeing with a PDP?
Or do you just keep receipts and turn them in to the plan like I do with STHHC pres reimb?
Or?

Interesting thread.

A lot of keystrokes for a prospect that might not be a prospect if they don't qualify for GI or (maybe) can't pass underwriting.

Back