Review My Website

Most branding experts would suggest green, blue, or even purple as good colors for financial services instead of red...

But the BIG TURN OFF for me is that there is no personal information. Who are you? What is your name? Where is your picture?

Watch Aaron's video....he pretty much nails it. When I go to that site it simply looks like a big "blob" at first glance. No personality, no clue what I should do next, do you use this to sell or service?

Define what you want it to do for you and make it VERY EASY to navigate. IMO, this site is not easy to figure out how to get ahold of an agent or know what to do next...sorry to be harsh, but this site just looks like another boring site to me.

It is a very nice looking site. You may want to conversion test other colors besides red, but you may want to test some other things first.

Ask a friend (or pay a stranger) who has never seen your site before to start on your home page and request a quote. Don't give him or her any other direction and watch where they get confused and fumble around.

Most visitors won't be as motivated to complete the process as your friend. They are likely to hit their back button and go back to Google at the point where your friend fumbles around.

This takes money out of your pocket in two ways.

The first is obvious. They don't complete the form and won't buy from you.

The second comes from the drop in rankings you may experience if too many people hit their back button. An early bounce is perceived by Google as a negative vote for your page.

The button or link a person should click on to request quotes should be obvious to someone who visits your site for the first time.

The entire process starting with your prospective client seeing your blurb on the SERPs or PPC ad and ending with the completion of your questionnaire should be as simple as possible. Don't Make Me Think (by Steve Krug) and you will make more money.

I have little perspective on what terms your prospects use to search for what you sell. However, make sure that the terms you optimize your site for are terms that your prospects are actually typing in.

From this site of the Atlantic, some of the terms look like industry jargon no prospect would actually type in. If the keywords you target didn't come from your keyword research, you need to do that research now.

It is obvious from the look of your site that you know a lot about how to develop a site. However, I suggest that you, and anyone else who wants to make money on the Internet, read these two books about usability and conversion testing.

Last edited:
Looks good. Things are different on the other side of the pond, so the comments from us colonials may not apply in the UK.

BTW I am still trying to figure out what Joey Ramone meant by "meh!" I guess that is Texas talk!

Most branding experts would suggest green, blue, or even purple as good colors for financial services instead of red...

But the BIG TURN OFF for me is that there is no personal information. Who are you? What is your name? Where is your picture?

I actually like the site but I do agree with Larry's comments.

Meh means it's not blowing you out of the water, but not terrible either. Kind of an inbetween "just ok".

Back