Review My Website

No I haven't been ignoring you just been a bit busy to check the forums I use.

Theres been a good few points in my absence so thank you all for that, I guess things are a little different over here. We don't want our customers to see us as an individual agent (we aren't) we have a number of brokers, a page with profiles of the senior staff may be useful though.

With the colour (color), if you look at most if not all our competitors they have blue websites, I just wanted to differentiate ourselves. It tested really well apart from people who said "it looks nice, but other people won't like red". I'm thinking of changing just not to blue, and not green or purple. Don't Aon have a red website?

With the navigation thing, I did recently change this and the first thing you should see when you open the site is a huge box which says "Online Quote and Buy", so I thought I'd nailed it. I only want most if not all potential customers who go to the site to get an online quote. How could it be better?

In terms of servicing, I'm going to add a claims tab, and maybe a risk management one.

I have been trying to post again, but it always says your post is awaiting moderation, and nothing appears.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I posted a long response about what you guys had been saying, mainly to do with the color and what we are aiming for with the website. Will consider changing it though. Any suggestions? Not Blue.

With the color; most of our competitors have blue sites, and we wanted to differentiate ourselves. Also Aon have a red (kind of ) site.

We want the site to get people to our online quote facility, this is run by someone else so we can't alter the questions or layout of it. The first thing your eye should be drawn to when you get to the site is a banner which says "Online Quote & Buy start here". Is this what you are seeing?

Last edited:
The overall User Interface is really user friendly, although the color really makes the website less easy to navigate. I bet if you changed the colors to gray or light blues, your bounce rate would go way down.

You guys really think they are looking for advise on their site? It is an attempt to get a backlink and visitors. That is no new agent or new site.

It looks like the guy/gal is legit but, even if it was some sort of trick, the information being shared is still useful for those of us whose websites are still not "perfect."

Last edited:
Back