RR Retiree Medical = Medicare?

Yes Mark, as earned.

If someone wants an advance the street commission is 3% and a 90 day advance.

To qualify you must have a FICO score of 780 or higher, 5 personal reference letters, submit to random drug testing and may not be a Democrat.

AFAIK all he has is Medicare.

Medicare for Railroad Workers and Their Families (Form RB-20)

Does not seem to be anything special. He says he does not have a supplement or Rx coverage. Everything not covered by RR/Medicare is OOP to him.

This is my understanding as well. I haven't dealt with anyone on RR retirement in a good number of years. But to my recollection Medicare worked the same way for him and that the only difference was that instead of SS he had RR Retirement.

I reviewed Medicare for a new retiree from the Rail Road last year. He had a plan F United Healthcare supplement through his retirement benefit and paid $275 for his and $245 for his wife.
I sold him Gerber for like $210 total.

It looks to me that there are two different ideas in this thread.

1. They have RR Retirement instead of Social Security.

2. What kind of supp or other medical coverage, if any, the RR is paying for. I have known people who have one paid for at least in part by the company. But I have known others who have Medicare Parts A & B only who end up buying a Medigap or MA plan on their own nickel. I don't know what the variable is. Perhaps it's the job they had, the RR they worked for, the union, or the time in which they retired.

I have one RR retiree spouse on the books. Like other's said, he is taken care of, she was left out in the cold, high dollar, limited benefit option.

Back