• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Safeco's study "The State Of Women in Insurance"

All I am saying is if the "Normal" discrepancy between men and women exists for all the reasons you detail above (One can make up their own mind if your list of reasons is legit), and that creates an expected discrepancy of 87/ 100. Why is it magnified in our industry at 67/100?

Anyone can research the reasons I detailed, they have been repeatedly researched and documented, though they don't fit with the "Evil oppressive white male" narrative. Its very similar to the blame tactic the Nazi's used, and similarly effective.

I've already listed a few reasons, but I am guessing the additional reasons are that more men choose to be agency owners and producers, which typically pays more.

Being that women are intelligent and able to make free decisions for themselves, why do you think women choose to accept positions and pay for less than men?

Last edited:
Anyone can research the reasons I detailed, they have been repeatedly researched and documented, though they don't fit with the "Evil oppressive white male" narrative. Its very similar to the blame tactic the Nazi's used, and similarly effective.

I've already listed a few reasons, but I am guessing the additional reasons are that more men choose to be agency owners and producers, which typically pays more.

What do you think the reason is?

Then you will love this

They pay 5K each
White Women Are Paying For A Dinner Experience That Challenges Their Racist Beliefs

^^^^^ I think the National pay discrepancy in the US is like 87 cents to a dollar. In Insurance its 67 cents to a dollar. So if 87 cents to the $ indicative to everything you state above. why the extra 20 cent discrepancy in our industry?

If those facts are true & without any other factors being added/subtracted from the equation, maybe they need to identify as a man...................problem solved. really isnt that hard to do these days, doesnt even require the actual surgery anymore. Science

PS---are the commission rates or overrides different at carriers for men/women/other? I have only seen gender fluid commission/override contracts

All I am saying is if the "Normal" discrepancy between men and women exists for all the reasons you detail above (One can make up their own mind if your list of reasons is legit), and that creates an expected discrepancy of 87/ 100. Why is it magnified in our industry at 67/100?

This should be very easy to figure out, objectively, with access to the job/compensation data. It's not a philosophical or multifaceted issue. It'll be right there in the numbers, guaranteed.

This should be very easy to figure out, objectively, with access to the job/compensation data. It's not a philosophical or multifaceted issue. It'll be right there in the numbers, guaranteed.

Lol, where have you been. That isn't how data, math or science works anymore. Each of these items have feelings & implicit bias built in depending on which team you are rooting for or the narrative you are trying to put out or clicks/views you are trying to get.

You mean it's not the patriarchal tyranny I keep hearing about?

I can't say, I haven't seen the data yet. LOL

But, seriously, it's not like I'm not open to the idea that men unfairly get paid more. It's something that could happen.

But it would be SUPER easy to demonstrate. Compare earnings controlling for job/position, experience, hours worked, EVERYTHING but favoritism, and there it'd be.

Super easy to do, yet we never see that. As ridiculous as someone boasting about world-record sales production but refusing to show any proof whatsoever.

^^^^^ I think the National pay discrepancy in the US is like 87 cents to a dollar. In Insurance its 67 cents to a dollar. So if 87 cents to the $ indicative to everything you state above. why the extra 20 cent discrepancy in our industry?

Do you stay awake at night wondering when the sun will explode?

Back