Scott & White Health Plan Will No Longer Offer Individual and Family Plans

Blue, blue and more blue.

Houston Chronicle is reporting that Cigna is pulling out, too, but I'm not a subscriber, so I can't post a link.

There are other options (Ambetter, Community) in Houston and Oscar is still in SA.

I found this online:
More health insurance companies reportedly are considering pulling out of the Affordable Care Act's federal exchange in Texas.

The Houston Chronicle reports that Connecticut-based Cigna Corp. (NYSE: CI) and Kentucky-based Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) could be the next to go.
More health insurance companies are considering pulling out of the Affordable Care Act's federal exchange in Texas.

More health insurance companies are considering pulling out of the Affordable Care Act's… more

Andrew Harrer

In an email to the Chronicle, Cigna said it "is in discussions with the Texas Department of Insurance to not participate on the 2017 Texas public marketplace exchange."

Texas’ state insurance department also confirmed to the Chronicle that Humana has “signaled plans to pull out of some Texas counties, including Harris County, next year.”

Blue, blue and more blue.

I predicted a year or so ago that Blue would be the last one standing throughout the country. The writing is clearly on the wall. Look for more consolidation over the next year among the various Blues. Eventually a single Blue will be our national health insurer. Doesnt matter if its Hillary or Trump, it will happen either way, just under a different name.... lol.

Texas’ state insurance department also confirmed to the Chronicle that Humana has “signaled plans to pull out of some Texas counties, including Harris County, next year.”

We got that a while ago from Humana, I still can't figure out WHAT counties they are still in, but its not DFW or Harris (Houston)

Back