Searching IMO - New to the Game!

GerryCA2023

Hello,

I am new to the forum! I am re-posting this message as I posted this in the wrong feed, I think. :)

Started at WFG a few years ago and after low commissions and losing all my friends and family, I left WFG. :D

My focus is ACA (I am Covered California certified) to start for now. I tried one IMO I found on Youtube, they were excited for me to join. They talked about all the support I will receive and training. Now they are MIA and do not respond to emails.

Is there is true IMO that you can recommend to start in the ACA business that provides training and support? I am a self-starter and just need direction. Thanks a bunch!

Gerry

Hello,

I am new to the forum! I am re-posting this message as I posted this in the wrong feed, I think. :)

Started at WFG a few years ago and after low commissions and losing all my friends and family, I left WFG. :D

My focus is ACA (I am Covered California certified) to start for now. I tried one IMO I found on Youtube, they were excited for me to join. They talked about all the support I will receive and training. Now they are MIA and do not respond to emails.

Is there is true IMO that you can recommend to start in the ACA business that provides training and support? I am a self-starter and just need direction. Thanks a bunch!

Gerry

Unfortunately, that's how most of the industry works. I have been in the insurance industry since 2014. I have my life and health but my main focus is Life and annuities.

Two years ago, I added Property and casualty to the mix so I can sell a product that the state of Massachusetts has declared a casualty product. That is the only reason I added those lines of authority to my license.

I have just added ACA and Medicare to my focus and am learning these products. I have a good team and there is training and support.

Because of the bad experiences I have had with the very things you are talking about; I no longer trust that I will get help. Although they have been there for me whenever I need help. There are live training sessions and they record them for those that can't be at the live training. I take the initiative to listen to the recordings without asking for help.

My advice to you is align yourself with a company like mine. If you do not get the training you need, make sure you have access to the information through recordings about their products and software tools. Hopefully the software has a system like ours that can research all the products from your needs analysis that can match the product to the client for you. This helps tremendously when you are new and learning how to research.

Hello,

Gerry
A fair amount of my ACA biz is direct w/ carriers - no IMO. Do all the CMS work/certs and see which carriers are offered in your desired area and then check their websites for producer contracting. Maybe of more importance is to sign up for a 3rd party enhanced direct enrollment partner - many available at no cost to you.

Unfortunately, that's how most of the industry works. I have been in the insurance industry since 2014. I have my life and health but my main focus is Life and annuities.

Two years ago, I added Property and casualty to the mix so I can sell a product that the state of Massachusetts has declared a casualty product. That is the only reason I added those lines of authority to my license.

I have just added ACA and Medicare to my focus and am learning these products. I have a good team and there is training and support.

Because of the bad experiences I have had with the very things you are talking about; I no longer trust that I will get help. Although they have been there for me whenever I need help. There are live training sessions and they record them for those that can't be at the live training. I take the initiative to listen to the recordings without asking for help.

My advice to you is align yourself with a company like mine. If you do not get the training you need, make sure you have access to the information through recordings about their products and software tools. Hopefully the software has a system like ours that can research all the products from your needs analysis that can match the product to the client for you. This helps tremendously when you are new and learning how to research.
Thanks for the information! Send me the link to your web site! I am finding out a lot of offers for assistance on Youtube for ACA but there is nothing behind the curtain. I am focus on learning the ACA biz for now and doing my daily research and learning. Thank you for your message.

Thanks for the information! Send me the link to your web site! I am finding out a lot of offers for assistance on Youtube for ACA but there is nothing behind the curtain. I am focus on learning the ACA biz for now and doing my daily research and learning. Thank you for your message.

I will send you the company's website that I am aligned with privately.

Back