Selling from a Mall Kiosk

Wasn't sure whether this belongs in the cold calling forum or here, but here it goes:

I'm a brand new agent selling primarily life products and I'll be at a kiosk in the mall, but can't decide the best way to attract people. I know I'll have to be proactive, but should I be asking well dressed women if they'll be able to afford that coach purse if her husband dies later tonight?

Thanks for any tips!

I wouldn't ask that question if I were you. If you asked me that question I'd slap your face and walk away. My purse is none of your business. There's a more professional way to approach the subject.

Quick update -- I've just been taking the super passive approach. Some days when I look especially nonthreatening I can come up with around five leads. Not too shabby. Not great, but they're very warm if they're approaching me!

Quick update -- I've just been taking the super passive approach. Some days when I look especially nonthreatening I can come up with around five leads. Not too shabby. Not great, but they're very warm if they're approaching me!

The question is what is the quality of the prospects that approach you. Are they people who cannot get life insurance due to underwriting issues? Have you actually made any sales?

Back