Seminar Help

Thanks for all of the great responses I really appreciate it. I’m hoping this will lead to a whole bunch of new business for me. If I do terrible I suppose it’s better than passing it up due to fear.

Don't expect overnight success. If you grow to like public speaking it can be a very effective way of attracting clients.

Susan Hatch has a very successful operation that continues to grow by networking and public speaking. She only writes Medicare supplement. No MA. No PDP.

Watch this video

Her business model isn't for everyone but it can still be an inspiration.

Good luck.

I want her business model :)

I just need my O65 business to get to 1K clients, so I can leave Indy and Group behind

Thanks for all of the great responses I really appreciate it. I’m hoping this will lead to a whole bunch of new business for me. If I do terrible I suppose it’s better than passing it up due to fear.

Fabulous attitude!!!!

And start it with a self-depreciating line. "Its really great the Joe invited me to do this, because after 10 years in the business, this is my first seminar. So bear with me if there's a little stumbling".

With that statement, you start with your experience in the business and LACK of experience with seminars.

And something I forgot. Take a door prize. I usually take a little bundt cake. Ask the FP if you can put numbers in the folders he hands out. (There's always folders). Before questions, pick a number and give them a cake. If there are multiple speakers, do it between each speaker. The participants tend to get information overload and this is fun way to keep them engaged. 4 baby bundt cakes will run you $20.

I've seen several of Susan's videos from the Med Supp conferences, etc. She wrote MAPDs and PDPs until a few years ago, if I recall correctly. I think she still certifies (so she can talk about the plans in CA or wherever and to get the renewals). And she refers the Part D to Medicare.gov. She's at the point where she doesn't need to do MA any longer.

Great opportunity. If you are talking to financial planner clients, I would cater your seminar to relate to the financial planners (cater to them, which they will appreciate). Maybe the top 5 financial concerns for Medicare beneficiaries. If you only have 15 minutes, for your presentation I would have no more than 10 slides with as few words as possible on them but a great visual for the audience to stay on track with you. I would also have a handout at the end.

For public speaking, check out your local Toastmasters. Great to improve your speaking skills and do a little networking as well.

Back