Senior Life Insurance Company Reviews

Hey guys! opinions are much needed on this thread! What do you guys think about Senior Life? I don't know much about the carrier but from what I HEARD was that they were very much the same as Lincoln Heritage and truth be told that's just inventory for me AKA free leads hahah so my point is I don't want to write over priced plans for any of my clients and end up getting replaced. I recently was offered the contract at a decent level BUT it haven't seen if their rates are competitive or not.

What you need to know is that you are green as a pea and you don't want to make a move until you have a better understanding of how everything works.

Make sure where ever you go your contracts are 115%, you can be released when you want to, that you have a guaranteed set price direct mail lead available to you, AND most important for you at this point is training.

Lots of resources to learn right here on the forum. Check out our website as well as Todd King, 360 (Boman and Spur City) Reardon (and buy his book), and read every thing on those websites. Lead Jerk has a lot of info too. Then pick one and run with it.

Start your education right here: Getting Started with FE Sales

And best interview of all time (my opinion) right here: Audio Interviews

Senior life is captive. You can write great Western as an independent.

Check out my program. Finalexpenseservices.com

High contracts, training, leads and support. You'll be a lot happier if you go independent instead of being locked in with a captive company.

Senior Life (out of Ga.) is not captive. Never were unless you were on their lead program. Just like your agents who use your leads need to write business with your companies, the same was true for SL. I have contracted 3 FE brokers representing other companies from this forum the last 3 weeks.

They made some changes recently. Agents who write for other companies (your agents for example) can get contracted with me at SL, order SL leads and not have to terminate their contracts with your companies. All they need to do is average $100 PPL, that's it. Plus they can get group health insurance if they produce $10k per month (using a 3 month ave.), enjoy life time renewals, have charge backs come off the back end and not from their next advance and more!

----------

I have a local SL manger who has been calling me. It seems he is running into some of my clients (serial mailers), and can't replace my policies with his overpriced Colombian life.

His TV leads come with the catch of lower contracts, and a two year vesting period for renewals. Sounds captive to me. Also he insists on giving up all other contracts. He has been there five years and is on a 90% contract.... recruit recruit...

SL out of Ga. does not write Columbian Life. SL is an insurance co., not an agency. I believe you must be thinking of Senior Life Services out of Vero Beach, Fla. No?

----------

I have a local SL manger who has been calling me. It seems he is running into some of my clients (serial mailers), and can't replace my policies with his overpriced Colombian life.

His TV leads come with the catch of lower contracts, and a two year vesting period for renewals. Sounds captive to me. Also he insists on giving up all other contracts. He has been there five years and is on a 90% contract.... recruit recruit...

SL out of Ga. agent contracts pay the same commissions whether TV leads, DM leads, telemarketing leads, yellow page leads, or just out canvassing knocking on doors.

Yes you must be referring to Senior Life Services out of Vero Beach, Fl. They start their agents off around 60%, so if that guy has been with them 5 years maybe he is at 90%. Highway robbery paying such low contracts.

Senior Life (out of Ga.) is not captive. Never were unless you were on their lead program. Just like your agents who use your leads need to write business with your companies, the same was true for SL. I have contracted 3 FE brokers representing other companies from this forum the last 3 weeks.

They made some changes recently. Agents who write for other companies (your agents for example) can get contracted with me at SL, order SL leads and not have to terminate their contracts with your companies. All they need to do is average $100 PPL, that's it. Plus they can get group health insurance if they produce $10k per month (using a 3 month ave.), enjoy life time renewals, have charge backs come off the back end and not from their next advance and more!

Are you vested day one?

I have been with Senior Life for over 2 years.

We are non-captive
Use our leads or bring your own.
No, we don't vector 0 debt
--------------------------------------

Its the easiest most frictionless FEX company, in my opinion, to contract and get up and running. Everything is off your ipad and the company is continually improving technology. An agents experience is directly related to the agency that they join in senior life.

We are non-captive

Its the easiest most frictionless FEX company, in my opinion, to contract and get up and running. Everything is off your ipad and the company is continually improving technology. An agents experience is directly related to the agency that they join in senior life.
Hi Greg. :yes:

We are non-captive

Yeah, easy for you and expensive for the client. We all know the deal here.

We are non-captive

Not me

Back