Set appts vs door knocking

Being new you don't know what is going to work for you until you try it. I started with 15 DM leads a week and door knocking. After a few months the leads that I had not contacted were backing up so I hired an appointment setter to call. With her calling and me still out in the field we still don't get in touch with all of my leads each week. Hopefully you live in FE heaven and you can call through your leads on Monday and set appointments for the rest of the week, but if you live in a tough area you can call and door knock and still not contact all of your leads each week. Good luck!

Nonsense. You think FE heaven is anywhere except where you work.

There are agents coming into your area and selling.

I wish Donnie was still posting here. He has the answer for you.

One of the $200K agents with FEX is in his second year. He was saying about a year and half ago the exact same thing you are saying about his area. Another IMO on here was saying that the guy was right, his area just wasn't workable. He stayed over after our Indy meeting in July, 2016 and spent one on one time with Travis.

Yes, there's agents washing out there too. Just like there's agents washing out everywhere. Even in the places you think are FE heaven. And they say the same things, "too concentrated, returns are bad here, people won't answer the phone here". The same excuses from the ones that don't make it all across the country.

Thanks for the advice - I just do t want to screw up my leads - they are expensive! I know having a good set appt is more efficient- I'm thinking about finding a good caller to help me out for a while -

There is nothing wrong with doing some door knocking, right from the start. Getting an appointment setter from day one is a no-no. Master the art of setting the appointment first! Check out this video on how to set appointments for final expense sales!

Just with FEX we were having that discussion today. Already this year there are 6 agents at $200K at FEX and 2 more close enough that will be next week. 40 more already over $100K for the year. That's just FEX agents.

The number 1 agent is at $280K on the year. This is his first full year as an agent. 20 leads per week. Sets his own appointments and is in the field 2 to 2 and half days per week.

Over $5,000,000AP x 20% minimum overrides = $1,000,000 FYC. Those agents at FEX are making the owners of that agency a very comfortable living.

I just post about my experiences. You are not any better at appointment setting than the lady I use and you seem to get appointments with ease and she does not. Must be something different, like willing people. But you will say she is doing something wrong. BS! If there is somebody writing big numbers in my area I would love to know who. How many of your producers work here? I bet none because FEX doesn't want agents in this part of FL. Wonder why?

I don't think everywhere but here is FE heaven. There are many tough areas, like Atlanta. That is why so many GA agents come here to work thinking it is better. Yes there are other agents writing business here and I do too just not the huge numbers you post. Donnie may have been a success in the past here, but the market has changed a lot the last few years.

Over $5,000,000AP x 20% minimum overrides = $1,000,000 FYC. Those agents at FEX are making the owners of that agency a very comfortable living.

I just post about my experiences. You are not any better at appointment setting than the lady I use and you seem to get appointments with ease and she does not. Must be something different, like willing people. But you will say she is doing something wrong. BS! If there is somebody writing big numbers in my area I would love to know who. How many of your producers work here? I bet none because FEX doesn't want agents in this part of FL. Wonder why?

I am much better than any appointment setter out there. At setting appointments for me.

FEX does have Florida agents. A new one just came on recently.

As for your jealousy about what FEX makes, they are earning every penny. They also just took the agents on a cruise. And paid for it for any agent writing $10K per month.

They buy the production rings for agents. They run the RGI lead program for agents with no mark up on the price.

And you can't get higher contracts as a producer from any IMO. Nor can you get the selection of companies from any other FE IMO.

But back to you appointment setter. There is no appointment setter in the world that can do a better job for the agent than the agent can do themselves.

As for your area, you have said yourself that LH agents are selling there. If that crap can be sold there then anything can.

There is someone, or someones, selling in your area everyday. You have also said that Ga agents are driving down to your area.

Where the hell is Donnie??:D

While I was responding here one of the FEX agents in Houston just put on groupme that he set 8 appointments for tomorrow in 35 minutes. He must be in FE heaven? You know, right where the hurricane hit? And yeah, he's right there. His car floated off into a tree and got totaled.

You can't set an appointment if the people won't answer the phone. Like I said I tried calling these leads and was not able to make contact so I tried door knocking. After a few weeks of that with no luck I hired an appointment setter so she could call when I am out door knocking. She has been able to reach a few, but not enough to set a full day of appointments 3 days a week. If they won't answer the phone for me or her they won't answer for you. The agent in Houston was able to set 8 appointments because he got enough people to answer the phone.

I didn't say you had no agents in the state of FL, I said this part of FL. Not jealous of the FEX owners, just saying how lucky they are to have that many agents producing those numbers. Most FE FMO's don't have 40+ agents writing $100,000AP+ annually.

I realize there are other agents who work my area, but I would wager none write a lot of business. I looked today at my total life AP for the year so far and I am close to $100,000. May end up with more than that by years end depending on how many days I take off to hunt this season. Average about $10,000 monthly so far so I am writing business, but it is harder for me to write $100,000 than it is for you to write twice that.

You are making some very subjective statements in your posts.

At least in my opinion, the bolded info is not true. Jdeasy has posted more than once about sometimes having to cycle through his next day's call list 3 or 4 times to get the appointments he requires for the day.

And I think there is something being overlooked here. (And just a (track) suit speaking, not an agent.) Focusing on just a discussion about door knocking vs setting appointments can cause one to forget this is a sub-process which is part of a larger effort.

He has a weekly system of sales territory assignment. He has a weekly system of lead acquisition. He has a weekly system of lead management. He has a weekly system of appointment setting with leads. He has a weekly system of calling on the leads.

His systems of sales territory assignment, lead acquisition, lead management and calling on leads all interlock in a way that gives him access to the complete spectrum of a day's telephone calling hours to set appointments from a list of targeted leads.

I think it is important to recognize his approach is systematic. I think it is dangerous to use subjective words like harder and easier to relate jdeasy's approaches to selling fe to the approaches others have to selling fe.

I don't know about fex having the highest an agent can get. I am with 360 and am happy there

That's good. But you do not have higher contracts than you could get with FEX. I would say 360 also has the highest contracts a producing can get. Maybe that's true with EFES too?

But he wasn't trashing 360 or EFES. No reason for me to defend them. That's your job.:yes:

Back