• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Settlers Life Re Rated "pre Diabetic"

If they're taking Metformin...they've got diabetes. Lots of type 2 diabetics are on diet control to try and keep from taking meds.

I like the diet idea. I used to have to pee so much driving in the morning that people thought I might need to get checked for diabetes (my grandfather had it). That can really be a burden in this gig. But I switched to decaf and it's seemed to make a big difference.:)

I like the diet idea. I used to have to pee so much driving in the morning that people thought I might need to get checked for diabetes (my grandfather had it). That can really be a burden in this gig. But I switched to decaf and it's seemed to make a big difference.:)

My grandfather and one of his son's had diabetes. I guess I've got a small bladder because as I've gotten older I go more. On a rainy day I have to limit myself to one cup, or I might as well stay near a bathroom all day.

I've got an old hospital pee bottle I keep in the car, but damn those aren't easy to use while you're driving. If I'm on the interstate, I just pull over and look for a bush. Yeah.....I'm "that guy".:twitchy: (Oops, wrong thread)

I could get that case approved at Settlers all day long. But if they aren't working for you why are you trying to go with one of the only companies that wouldn't take diabetes?

Round peg, square hole.

Newby if your so good at pimping settlers do us all a favor and call them. Get the "insider scoop" on pre diabetic and report back.

I came on this forum to help other agents and report fe injustices. That is all.

Lady should be approved gold got silver end of story.

Is settlers a recommended company for final expense?

Agents that like them would answer yes.

Agents that don't like them would answer no.

Here's the Newby answer:

1. One of the absolute best when you need an FE product on ages 0-50

2. One of the best FE companies when you want extras that aren't gimmicky. Like: Free Funeral Trust and Estate Planning Trust, Free $5,000 child/grandchild coverage, Free nursing home rider that reduces the premium on the remaining balance,

3. Offers 10 pay, 20-pay and single pay all in the same FE application.

4. 10% lead credits start at just $3,350 monthly AP

5. One of the easiest agent conventions to qualify for plus opportunities to earn additional trips during the year.

6. Great customer and agent service.

7. They pay 99% of their claims and put it in writing. How many FE companies disclose what percent of their claims they pay? None other than Settlers. Why do you think that is?

Settlers is tougher on underwriting than most FE companies. But they are small enough to get to know the agents who do business with them. Once they recognize you as a good one, they will bend over backwards for you. I can only assume the agent struggling with them on this thread doesn't have many Settlers cases on the books or he could get that one through.

Good people. But not everyone's cup of tea.

Sounds impressive. But what about customers over age 50? Are you saying they are not ideal for those ages, which is probably about 90+ percent of most FE agent's business?

Sounds impressive. But what about customers over age 50? Are you saying they are not ideal for those ages, which is probably about 90+ percent of most FE agent's business?

They are good for most of them but not the diabetic or COPD cases.

They are one of many good choices on ages 50-85. They are one of the only good choices for under ages 50. That's why I highlighted that age bracket.

No reduction of commission at any age.

Near guaranteed issue product that pays 10% renewals for 10-years.

Add up to $50,000 accidental rider on smaller policies.

Point of sale approvals

Free zippered portfolio with your first couple of applications

NO policy fee!

Do you need more reasons? Just pick them up!

And if you go through FexContracting you get Newby! The Settlers expert to help you succeed.

Oh Great! The feather just fell out of my purple velvet hat. Going to have to get the girls to get me a new one.

They are good for most of them but not the diabetic or COPD cases.

They are one of many good choices on ages 50-85. They are one of the only good choices for under ages 50. That's why I highlighted that age bracket.

No reduction of commission at any age.

Near guaranteed issue product that pays 10% renewals for 10-years.

Add up to $50,000 accidental rider on smaller policies.

Point of sale approvals

Free zippered portfolio with your first couple of applications

NO policy fee!

Do you need more reasons? Just pick them up!

And if you go through FexContracting you get Newby! The Settlers expert to help you succeed.

Oh Great! The feather just fell out of my purple velvet hat. Going to have to get the girls to get me a new one.

UW Guide says up to 100K accidental death on 10K or greater face amount if insured is over age 40.

You didn't mention Covered..Is that because you consider it a gimmick? Seems to be a lot better than what LH offers.

UW Guide says up to 100K accidental death on 10K or greater face amount if insured is over age 40. You didn't mention Covered..Is that because you consider it a gimmick? Seems to be a lot better than what LH offers.

You are right on both counts. I didn't want to be thought of as "pimping".

You are right on both counts. I didn't want to be thought of as "pimping".

As per the norm, you turn on your marketer BS...that 99% ain't really 99%...and we both know that, but that's ok...you keep on spouting lies and half truths...word is definitely out about you

Back