Site Upgrade & Facelift Coming Up This Weekend! (Sunday, October 8th)

Many apps contain spyware. Have you ever wondered why a seemingly innocuous app asks for permissions to you contact list, location, system, storage, etc?

Apps also draing your battery and slow down the operation of your phone or other device, especially if they run in the background.

Many apps contain spyware. Have you ever wondered why a seemingly innocuous app asks for permissions to you contact list, location, system, storage, etc?

Apps also draing your battery and slow down the operation of your phone or other device, especially if they run in the background.

LOL. True and not true.

Apps need certain permissions to function. Some ask for needless permissions... which is a good sign of malicious intent. But most apps from reputable companies are not "spyware".

The mobile browser on your phone is nothing but an app. So your entire point is moot. You might as well just get a flip phone based on that logic.

You can also deny apps permission to access certain functions and most will still work fine. So if you dont want your local news app to have access to pictures (which they ask so readers can send them pics via the app) you can deny that function to the app.

Apps can be set to not run in the background. And mobile browsers often cause some of the heaviest loads on your phones battery/memory/processor.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Just another reminder that in around 6 hours, the forum will be temporarily closed as we make the switch to a new forum software.

Fingers crossed all goes well and you will see a brand new forum tomorrow morning.

Thanks to everyone and see you on the other side tomorrow ;)

Val.

Aaaannnnd we're back.

Hope you enjoy our new home :)

Things might looks a bit wonky for a moment, but we're in a fine-tuning mode and making sure all the little details are addressed.

Oops. O my gosh. Now, I have to take back my compliments. Valdet and Justin B "liked" my last comment, and then I noticed that my entire profile has only 2 likes. I am crushed, and cannot handle the emotional damage to my ego. I was feeding my self-worth with all of my likes, and now they have vanished. Just kidding, guys. It's minor.

Last edited:
Just FYI - the 'political' non-insurance forum allows for 'likes' which was turned off in the past to avoid political 'piling on'. You might want to change that.

Back