• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

SOA Expansion

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Im doing the Humana training recerts right now.

Im sure I mis understood the slide I just read, but they are expanding SOA for medsupps, dental and vision now?

Think I seen that as well,
I am sure it only pertains to Humana

I never considered them for Med Sup anyway

Neither do I do any stand alone dental

I mean that cant apply to the dental included in the plan
But then again I've seen some strange things in this business

I have found it odd that the most recent version of the generic SOA includes places to initial for med supp, DVH, and HI plans. But I've never heard of a change in the requirement. No mention in AHIP, anyway. Still need to do the carrier certs.

Im doing the Humana training recerts right now.

Im sure I mis understood the slide I just read, but they are expanding SOA for medsupps, dental and vision now?

There has been a compliant generic SOA that included most if not all of those additional products going back to at least 2013 .

Strange, in the med supp world Humana rebranded in some states to Humana Dental, very competitive...
So I am on the same page, would you have to get an soa to sell a med supp? What if its over the phone?

From what I understand, you don't have to get the SOA if you're just selling the Supp, but this way their covering any possible issue.

Back