Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease

I don't think anybody would come back at him if everything was disclosed and the policy was approved.....that's on the company.

I should be clearer. The "What were you thinking???" would probably happen when it was submitted if everything was disclosed. Depending on the company you might still get some static if there is a quick claim, but at least you could point to the app where everything was disclosed.

I should be clearer. The "What were you thinking???" would probably happen when it was submitted if everything was disclosed. Depending on the company you might still get some static if there is a quick claim, but at least you could point to the app where everything was disclosed.
That makes more sense. Each company has ther own guidelines as far as what they'll take. The difference can be night and day. Some of the apps have a lot of gray area. If I have any doubt, I'll run it by an underwriter 1st. I don't want to waste my time or frustrate the applicant.

I have stage 4 kidney disease and have been off dialysis since 2007, but she takes no meds for stage 4? Don’t think so.

If there is a questionable claim within the 2 yr contestable period the carrier will definitely come back to the agent and ask if anything was disclosed to him that was not listed on the app.

Stage 4 kidney disease

There are five stages of chronic kidney disease. The mildest are stages 1 and 2. In these early stages of kidney disease, the kidneys are damaged and not working at full strength. At stage 3, about half of kidney function has been lost. This can cause other problems, like high blood pressure or bone problems. Treatment of these problems is very important, and it can even help slow down the loss of kidney function. At stage 4, severe kidney damage has happened. At this stage, it is very important to slow the loss of kidney function by following your treatment plan, and managing other problems like high blood pressure or heart disease. Stage 5 is kidney failure. If kidney failure happens, you will need a kidney transplant or dialysis to live.

Key Points: Living With Stage 4 Kidney Disease

I had a dog in stage 4. Vet gave her a month to live. Kept her alive almost a year with diet changes and supplements.

I have stage 4 kidney disease and have been off dialysis since 2007, but she takes no meds for stage 4? Don’t think so.

I'm not sure if they have meds for CKD, or let me say
Indiana 72. Not diabetic. No dialysis or health conditions. Takes lisinopril, a statin ect. Slam dunk if not stage 4 kidney disease.

I do not think there is meds specific for CKD, or atleast they didn't have me on any for my 2 yrs of Stage 4, and I read just about every article I could find on CKD and never saw any meds for it. They had me on HBP medicines, low salt/low protein diets-but no meds.

Phosphorus binder....calc acetate.
Paricalcitol....for parathyroid.
Furosemide....Discard fluid.

Labs every 3-4 months to check #’s. Kidney function.

Prospect would have been declined.

Phosphorus binder....calc acetate.
Paricalcitol....for parathyroid.
Furosemide....Discard fluid.

Labs every 3-4 months to check #’s. Kidney function.

Prospect would have been declined.
I used Bankers Fidelity as a possibility before I checked with an UWer. 2 of the 3 meds you list are on their KO list. It helps when underwriting if the prospect tells everything.

It helps when underwriting if the prospect tells everything.

And if the agent knows which questions to ask. Rx history is the gold standard in my book. I have had folks tell me they take 2 - 4 med's for BP. When I get the list one is used almost exclusively for congestive heart failure.

"No, I don't have that. I used to have high BP but now I don't".

Uh, yeah . . .

Me to dr's nurse filling out file for visit: I'm hoping my blood pressure is good enough this time I can stop taking this medicine.

Nurse: Just looks at me and shakes her head.

:twitchy:

And if the agent knows which questions to ask. Rx history is the gold standard in my book. I have had folks tell me they take 2 - 4 med's for BP. When I get the list one is used almost exclusively for congestive heart failure.

Uh, yeah . . .
In the past I always got a kick out of people when you'd ask if they had any health problems they'd say no. Then as you asked the heath questions they'd start remembering...oh yeah, I've been taking a pill for my HBP for 20 years. Now I ask about their meds up front.

Times have changed. I remember when the app for Med Supps was one page and they didn't even ask about diabetes.

Back