State Farm agents, how to do marketing without breaking SF rules?

zrenee

I'm new to insurance. I just got my p&c license in GA. I'm looking for a chance to work as a team member for my local SF agent. Right now she wants me to help her with marketing first before learning about service and sales.

I have been reading forums, insurance websites and facebook about marketing for insurance agent. It turned out that there are so many company rules about what an agent can do to market her business. No newsletter, no website with means SEO (not the sf agent sub-site kind), etc. What other ways can an agent to use to do their marketing?

I know that networking method is what a lot of people suggested. I know that SF does mailing for agents.

Thanks.

Learn to hold quality conversations and ask great questions.

You'll get a HUGE leg up by studying Van Mueller. It's almost 4 years old, but communication principles are timeless.

It also happens to be a State Farm training session:

You also need to learn how to sell VALUE over PRICE. State Farm is not cheap, nor should you be basing the decision on price.

You need to find the right people to be quoting in the first place.

Here's what Zig Ziglar taught in "Sell your way to the Top":

• “Our company founders made a decision back in (year). They decided to build a company based on being there for their policyholders and having excellent service & claims… than trying to compete on price. Because they knew that if they had to compete on price… they’d have to skimp out on being there for their policy holders, having excellent service and claims… and policyholders wouldn’t stay year over year with a company that wouldn’t back them. And I bet you’re glad they made that decision, aren’t you?”
• “My question to you is this: Are you the type of insurance buyer that is more concerned with the PRICE of your coverage? Or are you looking for a company that will be there for you and BACK you when you need them year over year over year?”
• This is YOU selling YOUR COMPANY to the other person and letting them CHOOSE TO BUY!

Most of the Captive Insurance Agencies are massively bound by corporate rules when marketing. It is one of the main reasons that the agencies buy into the "group advertisement" programs = because they can just pay money and be in compliance.

Saying no to a newsletter is interesting though.

I'm new to insurance. I just got my p&c license in GA. I'm looking for a chance to work as a team member for my local SF agent. Right now she wants me to help her with marketing first before learning about service and sales.

I have been reading forums, insurance websites and facebook about marketing for insurance agent. It turned out that there are so many company rules about what an agent can do to market her business. No newsletter, no website with means SEO (not the sf agent sub-site kind), etc. What other ways can an agent to use to do their marketing?

I know that networking method is what a lot of people suggested. I know that SF does mailing for agents.

Thanks.

From a marketing perspective, your biggest advantage is the State Farm name.

From a marketing perspective, your biggest challenge will be the State Farm rules.

Back