Successful Medicare Agents -- I want to hear from you!

Olivia Johnson

I'm currently running a Medicare product insurance agency and looking to expand my business into an exclusive FMO that provides top-tier services and compensation for the best agents.

I'm looking to understand a few things:
1. What are some of the expectations for high-grossing agents when working with an FMO?
2. What's an enticing salary + commission structure that would encourage you to contract with us?
3. Are there any other benefits and services we could provide that would increase efficiency for writing business?
4. What are absolute dealbreakers?

Any information is helpful!

You want to pay me a salary?

Where's that 77k a year guy?

I can't speak for most agents, but for me.. Give me the best contract I can get (stop screwing me out of that 4%, TODD!) And leave me the heck alone.

If I wanted to be more successful, I would be..

I'm pretty happy doing my own thing.

leave me the heck alone.

^This^

To the FMO's:

No... I don't want you email about Carrier X's new program (hint: they sent that same email to me too, so I'm not really impressed by your copy/paste newsblast).

And no, I don't really want to take your call because a carrier that failed has re-branded and this time they'll be just swell.

Would anyone be open for a quick phone conversation to chat through you point of view? Would love to pick your brain on some insider info at the agent level.

Would anyone be open for a quick phone conversation to chat through you point of view? Would love to pick your brain on some insider info at the agent level.

Can't speak for other agents but probably not! You didn't answer any of our questions, so why would we answer your questions?

Because this is simply a place to discuss ideas and share insight. To your question, sshafran, I don't write Medicare policies as I'm a Healthcare marketing professional, hence the reason I'm looking for insight from agents who might be interested in a lucrative partnership.

Our agency wants to offer a base salary that would entice successful producers to work under us. If we want self-sufficient agents who value independence and autonomy, how much would it take to recruit?

Our agency wants to offer a base salary that would entice successful producers to work under us. If we want self-sufficient agents who value independence and autonomy, how much would it take to recruit?
Successful producers normally do not want all of the strings attached (lower comp levels, no releases, commission assignments, etc.) that come with a salary.

You're looking for employees and as I said before, nothing wrong with that.

I can't speak for other people, but I'm very particular with my time.

I get calls regularly from agents wanting to talk. I usually take them, because people here have taken mine, but I find you usually don't need to be on the phone.

I definitely loathe talking to IMO's or carrier reps.

Back