Successful Medicare Agents -- I want to hear from you!

Because this is simply a place to discuss ideas and share insight. To your question, sshafran, I don't write Medicare policies as I'm a Healthcare marketing professional, hence the reason I'm looking for insight from agents who might be interested in a lucrative partnership.

Our agency wants to offer a base salary that would entice successful producers to work under us. If we want self-sufficient agents who value independence and autonomy, how much would it take to recruit?

Successful producers would need to be defined. Are you talking about agents doing 85k in revenue or 300k?

You could probably entice even successful people to exchange some of the stress of running their own deal for a salary of 150.

During AEP I'm envying my garbage man - call me then and I might take a job at McD's....

The reality is agents doing their own thing - after a few years, with no downline, should be over 100. A few more years after that they should be over 200 in revenue. Some of the top elite agents are hitting 300-400+ (not counting recruiting agents)

It would take a hefty salary to pull them away.

At the very least, I think it would need to have be 80k on the salary side to get a good agent's attention plus upside.

Otherwise, either the agent (a) just doesn't know any better or (b) you are taking a lot off the top.

-----

Cut out the salary and just offer high comp (street + more based on production) & you'll get some agents. Less upside for you, but lower overhead because you won't front the salary.

Back