Taking Three Time to Pass Insurance Test.

In my opinion, you are so far off base on this one. The state exam has very little to do with actually selling insurance is more of "I know who to take an exam" type of exam. The class I took the Financial Academydpentmuch of the time teaching me how toproperly take a test by the process of elmination on a multiple choice test. I know 4 people who have been through their course and they all passed on the first time.

I passed both,my L&H and P&C on the first try, and neither of those test prepared me for the insurance business, with which I have done quite well. They allowed me entrance into the field, but what I know, I learned through the process of being in this business.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In my opinion,the P&C test was much more difficult..

The P&C book was definantly more difficult...I tried 5 times to read that book and fell asleep at inland marine insurance every stinking time, I finally realized I just didn't have enough interest in it to get through the book. I devoured the Life and Health book and Series in just a few hours.

The trick is you must take the practice test many times till you score % 80 every time. Once you do that you are ready to take the real exam.

You are right how the exam is written, it a little tricky because the A B C D choices they all sound right and you have to answer the most right. :goofy::SLEEP:

Look out for the way the questions are worded. Sometimes they will trick you.

Also, you can always rule out two of the answers.

I do not remember a thing from the test. Passed them all first go around with in a few months of each other. Another agent took it over six time. After she finally passed the Life licence she became a super start. She became one of the big hitters in a short time. I do not think that she ever got her P&C or 6/7.

We used Mike Russ back in the day. I can still remember some of those stupid jungles. only only only. I was 32 and coming out of the building trades. As has been pointed out, I am not the brightest bulb in the pack. If I could pass it, one of Frank's goats could pass it.

Just do what you need to do, to pass the test, and never look back.

Well I kinda agree with everything above, the test does NOTHING to give you the knowledge to be successful in this business. I'm 1.5 years in and still learning how everything fits together. This forum has helped a lot!

But if you cant pass the test after 3 times, that's pretty scary on mental capacity and preparation. Saying that, my girlfriend is a group VP of sales for a fortune 100 company and texts & emails like she's in preschool- she's dyslexic. The skillsets required to sell and the ones required to take a test, especially one as boring as the insurance exam, are night and day different.

This is the first time posting for me.....
I have my test scheduled in 2 days and wanted to know your thoughts. I have studied the materials & passed the 7, 63 & 66 on the first try. However, I'm a little nervous b/c everyone who has taken (and passed) the test said the questions were unrecognizeable. One person stopped the test to ask the admin if it was the right test. I know they ask questions that are not recorded known as "test" questions but they said the majority of the test was in this manner. Any thoughts?

I passed the L/H test in 3 different states the first time around each time.. Yes each time I passed the 2 last times the state changed the rules a year later where no testing was required. I also passed the P/C in one state but as I moved of course it wasn't transferable until a year later.

Now I want to take the series 65 but I keep putting it off.. Maybe i'll take in January.. As mentioned the key is to read the questions word for word. Sometimes a question later on may give you an answer you were not sure of on an earlier question.

Back