• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Telemarketer Training and Pay

rgleyzer

Expert
Hi, i'm looking to bring on some telemarketers. But with most, it may just be a trial period, possibly 30 days to determine if it suits them and if they would suit me. Do i still need to bring them on as W2s? It will be a hassle to have them listed on as a W2 for just a few weeks potentially.... Are there other ways around this? I've heard of some employers not pay during training or the first few weeks and after 30 days the person gets a bonus. What do people recommend who have been in my shoes?

Hi, i'm looking to bring on some telemarketers. But with most, it may just be a trial period, possibly 30 days to determine if it suits them and if they would suit me. Do i still need to bring them on as W2s? It will be a hassle to have them listed on as a W2 for just a few weeks potentially.... Are there other ways around this? I've heard of some employers not pay during training or the first few weeks and after 30 days the person gets a bonus. What do people recommend who have been in my shoes?

Pay per piece and 1099 - but, there are rules to follow.

Would you work for free for 30 days? :err:

@goillini52 you dope, the question is about classifying them as 1099s possibly and not have W2 status in the first few weeks.
Dope? LOL...These were your words: :yes:

" I've heard of some employers not pay during training or the first few weeks and after 30 days the person gets a bonus. "

Sooo, if you don't like then during the 30 days, you "can" them and they made nothing. If you keep them after the 30 days, they get a "bonus".

A 1099 wasn't mentioned until myinsurebiz brought it up. :skeptical:

Check out Emerald Enterprise Corp they are pretty reputable. They have on hand agents that are awesome. If I was were in those shoes, I would make an upfront offer to the owner and then let them handle the training because that's something they specialize in. Not a big company to where its going to cost a lot to get them going, but you have to be reasonable, it is a company. Let me know I can reach out for you and get the information to you.

Back