Telemarketers and Commissions

Re: Telemarketers

I agree as it certainly depends on your line of business, sales process and supervision. Incentives can be conditional upon verification of the information, lead or appt. I've done it both ways (straight hourly and incentive based) and really depends on the agent.

Thanks for your help guys

seems hourly plus some kind of bonus plan seems to be the way to go.

what kind of hourly rate is suggested? $8.00/hr seem fair with a bonus plan?

You're going to get what you pay for. 8 dollars does sound a lil low I always start out with $10 per appt with a bonus of 20 per sale that way they have some skin in the game to produce.

Now on the other hand I gotten some pretty bad leads coming from that so my best telemarketer got an hourly rate still at 10 but with a quota of 2 leads per hour same bonus.

For me it's still trial and error. Being new to this I got burned a couple of times and now I'm starting to learn the do's and don'ts.

You're going to get what you pay for. 8 dollars does sound a lil low I always start out with $10 per appt with a bonus of 20 per sale that way they have some skin in the game to produce.

Now on the other hand I gotten some pretty bad leads coming from that so my best telemarketer got an hourly rate still at 10 but with a quota of 2 leads per hour same bonus.

For me it's still trial and error. Being new to this I got burned a couple of times and now I'm starting to learn the do's and don'ts.

I'm not sure you're allowed to bonus a sale unless the telemarketer has an insurance license.
That's just something I read on here...not sure if it's true or not.

I'm not sure you're allowed to bonus a sale unless the telemarketer has an insurance license.

It's a rumor I heard when I was taking my licensing exam too (NY), but it's possible it's legal in other states.

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know if that's the case here in Ga or not.

So the DOI would stay that an unlicensed person sold something?

Does the person need to be licensed? My agency quickly shut my down here in Florida because of not having a license.

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know if that's the case here in Ga or not.

So the DOI would stay that an unlicensed person sold something?

It's generally considered commission splitting because that's what it is. Them making the calls, no issue, it's the way they're getting paid that's the cause for concern.

I use a lady to make all my appts. She has been on fire lately! She's been averaging 10-12 appts a week for me from leads and it has definitely paid off

I use a lady to make all my appts. She has been on fire lately! She's been averaging 10-12 appts a week for me from leads and it has definitely paid off

I never understood why people use telemarketers to call on leads. How can you think 10-12 Appts a week off leads is on fire? That should be normal if not low. I expect 10-12 Appts a week minimum from cold calling...

I never understood why people use telemarketers to call on leads. How can you think 10-12 Appts a week off leads is on fire? That should be normal if not low. I expect 10-12 Appts a week minimum from cold calling...

Not me. 10-12 new appts per week is pretty busy. I really don't have any time to make any appts on my own. It usually takes two appts to sign my clients up so I call the clients that I've already seen every week and re-see them. I usually figure to sell 3 out of 5 appts so this has to pay off in the long run easily.

If I had to call my leads on my own, which is over 130 per month now, I wouldn't have enough time to call them on a regular basis. To each their own.

Back