• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Telemarketing Lead Companies

My bad..TDFnCali

I didn't mean to assume anything about you personally but when I post, especially when I don't push "reply to"/Quote that exact person I'm speaking for the benefit of the room.

Yet, you did kinda confuse the situation with quotes like:

"[FONT=&quot]WoW, I never thought of that....Im such a newbie!!"

"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and for $30/lead I would have to be promised more then a guy who just wants to get off the phone."

Unfortunately, people get stupid ALL the time, my point being sometimes it isn't the fault of the lead generator. No matter the cost or how generated sometimes human beings display odd behavior.
We have women that promised to marry a dude, plan an entire wedding and still bounce at the altar... it happens. No matter how big the rock.

Lastly, when I read....
[/FONT]
"I was thinking of doing this maybe in a mobile home park, thats the only way id even consider it....least there I know 80% of those folks fit my demographic. I havent seen a post on it, nor do I really know how to approach a complete cold call DK. But Id consider that if I got something i felt comfortable with.

There's quite a few MH Parks around me!!"

I assumed based on the above words, you were inquiring about an "approach to a complete cold call DK" as it seemed to indicate that you were "thinking of doing this"..."if (you) got something (you) felt comfortable with".

I am so sorry for me being confused into reading that as invitation to provide an example of such an approach and how/why such an approach works.I'll try to do a better job reading next time, bro.:goofy:

* Those that were looking for help, your welcome.*

And just like, I tell my children when you are asking for help sometimes an elder may say more than you think you need....proper etiquette is to thank 'em take what you need and remember you asked them for advice not to become engaged in an conversation of "peers".

If you ask how to get from the Cal St Northridge to Cal St San Diego and a local tells you could take the 5, the 405, the 101 to the 134 to the 210 to the 405 or some variations from the 110, the 91, or the 105.....just pick one and go.....There isn't a reason to debate how long you've been driving a car.
If you knew were so comfortable on SoCal freeways (expressway or highway back east) you wouldn't have ask the question, right?:err:

(in this context elder just means "more experience", be it w/ SoCal freeways or lead generation or whatever)

Last edited:
why does every thread trying to discuss a specific prospecting approach need to be hammered with go "door knock". give it a rest already..

it sounds like people trying to get others to do it rather than doing it themselves and reporting back about how swell a method it is.

I'd recommend keeping your callers in house. You can pay some students $8/hr with a $1 bonus per quote and get 9-10 quotes per calling agent in a 4 hour session. Worked great for me, the commissions paid them off easy. Something to think about.

I'd recommend keeping your callers in house. You can pay some students $8/hr with a $1 bonus per quote and get 9-10 quotes per calling agent in a 4 hour session. Worked great for me, the commissions paid them off easy. Something to think about.

As long as, it's in house I'm with you but remember if money is an issue phoners will burn it a lot quicker and need more leads to learn as they burn through YOUR cash.

Plus, if you don't have a place for them to work (= office = more $$$) you're stuck "praying" those at-home housewives are calling your leads vs watching TV or feeding the kids (no offense)...trust me no matter what type "effort" the at-home person puts in they will "swear" they worked all those hours, while changing babies or running to the store or talking to my canvasser at their door (jk)
anyway.... (at least have a system where you can see the # of calls made, if you have the $$$)

While I use and have used at-homers......be careful of your wallet, if you don't have "staying power" think it ALL out.

While phoners are very easy to hire, they ALL will give it the ole college try "at-home" on your nickel...... but as the kids say "IT'S REAL IN THE FIELD".

Outside workers will quit, quickly if they can't cut it (many not even looking for their 2 hours worth of pay because they are embarrassed they WASTED your time) not the at-home worker they'll hang out and burn hours much longer.

No offense but, we have to honest about the pool of folks you're pulling from..."they" are type that will TAKE every nickel, while they sit on the couch. Of course there are great at-home phoners, I've had many but can you afford paying the "bad ones" till you're lucky enough to find the needle.

Again, I am a fan of using phoners but it isn't the same cost proposition as canvassing. When I "interview" canvassers, we meet, we talk for 30 minutes and hit the field. day one..that way
1) I get some leads, today
2) Those that can do it, prove it
3)Those that might have gone home and talked themselves out of it see success right away, and show up again tomorrow, convinced they can.
4)Those that were going to just hang out and waste time and money are gone and any leads they collected stay w/ big daddy for free (Yes, I've sold on leads from people who were in the wind, feels great!)

Both work fine, just understand cost when bootstringing...if you run out of money you are out of business.
Get deals as cheaply as you can and stay in business, the best way you can.

Last edited:
it sounds like people trying to get others to do it rather than doing it themselves and reporting back about how swell a method it is.

Most of us did a lot of door knocking when we started out and didn't have any sort of lead budget. I used pre-approach letters and door knocked for nearly 6 months as my main lead source when I was getting my feet wet in the business. I made enough to pay my bills during that first year while picking up a decent size book of clients. Thankfully, I now have a few years experience and a pretty nice size lead budget so I don't need to door knock (although I still cold-call) anymore. But it was valuable experience and would suggest it to anybody starting in out business.

Most of us did a lot of door knocking when we started out and didn't have any sort of lead budget. I used pre-approach letters and door knocked for nearly 6 months as my main lead source when I was getting my feet wet in the business. I made enough to pay my bills during that first year while picking up a decent size book of clients. Thankfully, I now have a few years experience and a pretty nice size lead budget so I don't need to door knock (although I still cold-call) anymore. But it was valuable experience and would suggest it to anybody starting in out business.

Was that DK'ing for FE insurance?? Did u pick random neighborhoods or did u have something that told u it was a majority of seniors in the area? I was thinking of going to MH Parks & door knocking!!

My problem with YAL, wasn't so much the lead, but how they handled the complaint! A company is only as good, as how they handle problems.

Was that DK'ing for FE insurance?? Did u pick random neighborhoods or did u have something that told u it was a majority of seniors in the area? I was thinking of going to MH Parks & door knocking!!

Yes, FE and Med Supps and Cancer and Indemnity...my agency (at the time) would send out pre-approach letters saying Dear senior, our agent x will be contacting you this coming week to review your insurance. Make sure you have your checkbook readily available when he stops by. (Maybe not those exact words, but close). Sometimes I'd beat the letters by a day.
It was just a cheap way to write some apps.

As long as, it's in house I'm with you but remember if money is an issue phoners will burn it a lot quicker and need more leads to learn as they burn through YOUR cash.

Plus, if you don't have a place for them to work (= office = more $$$) you're stuck "praying" those at-home housewives are calling your leads vs watching TV or feeding the kids (no offense)...trust me no matter what type "effort" the at-home person puts in they will "swear" they worked all those hours, while changing babies or running to the store or talking to my canvasser at their door (jk)
anyway.... (at least have a system where you can see the # of calls made, if you have the $$$)

While I use and have used at-homers......be careful of your wallet, if you don't have "staying power" think it ALL out.

While phoners are very easy to hire, they ALL will give it the ole college try "at-home" on your nickel...... but as the kids say "IT'S REAL IN THE FIELD".

Outside workers will quit, quickly if they can't cut it (many not even looking for their 2 hours worth of pay because they are embarrassed they WASTED your time) not the at-home worker they'll hang out and burn hours much longer.

No offense but, we have to honest about the pool of folks you're pulling from..."they" are type that will TAKE every nickel, while they sit on the couch. Of course there are great at-home phoners, I've had many but can you afford paying the "bad ones" till you're lucky enough to find the needle.

Again, I am a fan of using phoners but it isn't the same cost proposition as canvassing. When I "interview" canvassers, we meet, we talk for 30 minutes and hit the field. day one..that way
1) I get some leads, today
2) Those that can do it, prove it
3)Those that might have gone home and talked themselves out of it see success right away, and show up again tomorrow, convinced they can.
4)Those that were going to just hang out and waste time and money are gone and any leads they collected stay w/ big daddy for free (Yes, I've sold on leads from people who were in the wind, feels great!)

Both work fine, just understand cost when bootstringing...if you run out of money you are out of business.
Get deals as cheaply as you can and stay in business, the best way you can.

How do you know that the kids are actually knocking on doors? Do you tell them what neighborhoods to go? Is there a danger of potential liability if some whacko grabs your 15 year old girl? Do you get the parents involved, do you get their approval and tell them what their children are going to be doing? What do you have the kids say?

Thanks in advance....

Back