Terminated for cause State Farm

Get copies from the insurance commissioner & if warranted, file an appeal. your license cant be impaired because of the actions of your employer (the agent/agency). So, unless you were involved in the issue causing your employer to be terminated by State Farm, you should have a legitimate appeal. I saw an agent get terminated because one of his licensed staff members embezzled carrier premiums. The staff person was charged & convicted of a crime, lost their license with the state. The agent/agency lost their appointment with the carrier for bad business practices & lack of oversight, but that agent went on to a new carrier. none of the other 3 staff members in his office were impacted because they were not involved. 2 of those 3 other licensed employees even moved into jobs for other local agencies of the same carrier & had no impact on their licenses

each carriers appointment paperwork is worded slightly differently in the way it asks questions about crimes or lawsuits, terminations or if any regulatory authority took action against you.

If the question asks about "termination" of your employment you may have to answer differently.

Also, I have seen State Farm do this slow notification many times. most times, it was because the rep held securities licenses filed with FINRA. The broker dealer was required to note on the FINRA paperwork specifics. those specifics then flowed back into State Farms insurance licensing area & my guess is the insurance compliance was informed they were required to notify the insurance commissioners. In some of these cases, the agents even had communications from the State Farm insurance management that nothing would be reported to the state, but they were not aware of the mandatory requirements to the FINRA/SEC securities for those that held securities licenses

If he just received notification from the insurance dept. - this tells me that State Farm just reported this termination for cause now after all this time. If you look at almost every states insurance laws - the insurer has to report this termination within 30 days - they then have to send notification to the producer within 15 days by certified mail, return receipt. It looks like State Farm failed to comply with both of these requirements. If so, State Farm violated insurance law. I have seen many insurance carriers get huge fines for failing to notify appointment terminations for cause to the insurance dept. and insurance producers.

Back