Terminated for cause State Farm

Anytime an insurance agent is "termed for cause" you need to get an attorney. That is a serious problem you will have on your record. Don't take that lightly.

MOST terminations are not for cause. Most are for lack of production or poor quality of business. Those are no big deal. A termination for cause is usually a very serious offense.

I worked with an agent years ago who was terminated for cause for losing his temper and cursing out the carrier customer service lady. Also, aren’t agents who are termed for unpaid debt for cause as well? I don’t have much experience with it outside of hearsay with other agents, but I’ve seen many for cause terms that didn’t seem to include any illegal or seriously fraudulent behavior (other than debt roll up).

Yes, and looks like its way more serious than I thought. I cannot believe state farm would go this far to slander my name.
A close friend of mine dealt with a similar situation a few years back. So a termination for cause cannot be placed on your record by the insurance company. It has to be investigated and independently verified by the department of insurance in your state. THEY are the ones who decide whether your termination is justified. They are required to report you to the department of insurance in every state you are licensed in and cite the exact law that you broke. Overturning this is just a matter of convincing the state investigators that you didn’t do anything wrong.

Hire an Attorney to help you build your case with the state for when they contact you, and also know that this will not go on your record until you are found guilty by them(which is hopefully never). You may also have a case for racial discrimination. If it’s me, I’m also bringing the situation to that Attorney to see if I could possibly sue State Farm Corporate for racial prejudice.

Imagine the chaos that would ensue if any insurance company could just waive a magic wand and make a term for cause appear on any agents record. Fight this with the state and you will be okay.

I was about to say. Thats not correct what Newby is saying. A termination for cause to go on your state ins record has to be initiated by the state and investigated. Not some pissed off insurance carrier ( you replaced your book of business) terminating you for cause. If that were the cause every former senior life or lincoln heritage agent would be termed for cause .Those carriers would love to screw your future up.

I was about to say. Thats not correct what Newby is saying. A termination for cause to go on your state ins record has to be initiated by the state and investigated. Not some pissed off insurance carrier ( you replaced your book of business) terminating you for cause. If that were the cause every former senior life or lincoln heritage agent would be termed for cause .Those carriers would love to screw your future up.

Am I correct in saying that this termination for cause needs to be disclosed on future license renewal applications and carrier appointment applications. There is a question about have you been terminated by an insurance company for alleged misconduct.

Am I correct in saying that this termination for cause needs to be disclosed on future license renewal applications and carrier appointment applications. There is a question about have you been terminated by an insurance company for alleged misconduct.

each carriers appointment paperwork is worded slightly differently in the way it asks questions about crimes or lawsuits, terminations or if any regulatory authority took action against you.

If the question asks about "termination" of your employment you may have to answer differently.

Also, I have seen State Farm do this slow notification many times. most times, it was because the rep held securities licenses filed with FINRA. The broker dealer was required to note on the FINRA paperwork specifics. those specifics then flowed back into State Farms insurance licensing area & my guess is the insurance compliance was informed they were required to notify the insurance commissioners. In some of these cases, the agents even had communications from the State Farm insurance management that nothing would be reported to the state, but they were not aware of the mandatory requirements to the FINRA/SEC securities for those that held securities licenses

Back