The dog puked twice...

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
This is the second time I have been in a home and while doing a presentation, an old dog of the prospect puked twice on the rug next to me. :unsure: Not to worry though, he cleaned it up each time... :eek: I thought for a second he was going to have to clean up my pile...:wacko:

I don't think there is anything much more gross than a dog puking. I used to gag when my own dog did it.

And I'm a little queasy now just thinking about it. :wacko:

Thanks for bringing it up.:skeptical:

Just kidding. :laugh:

My last dog was diagnosed with CKD (chronic kidney disease) in Dec 2017. Vet said she might live 6 weeks at most. She encouraged me to euthanize her soon.

I declined and spent time researching the disease. Changed her diet from "special canned food" for dogs with CKD (which she refused to eat). Found a homemade dog loaf (like a meat loaf except for her).

Over the next 10 months I cleaned up a lot of "accidents" in the house plus puke that came without warning. I was one that would gag when the kids puked or when they had messy diapers.

But with my dog I managed to get over it.

That being said, I don't know if I can ever go through that again and I sure as heck won't be cleaning up after someone else's dog.

We finally had to put her down last October. One of the saddest days of my life.

I don't think there is anything much more gross than a dog puking. I used to gag when my own dog did it.

And I'm a little queasy now just thinking about it. :wacko:

Thanks for bringing it up.:skeptical:

Just kidding. :laugh:

I only find it disturbing when the other dogs run to the scene to get their treat.

A vet once told me that dogs just look at this as unprocessed food. The same with their feces. Maybe that might help you guys to ease your stomachs a little. I know it helped me a little.

Buy this stuff called Capture. You can get it at Lowe’s or Amazon. It’s a dry powder for cleaning carpets.

You spray some Pre-spray, sprinkle some powder and scrub it in. Let it dry and vacuum it up.

Great for dog messes, baby spit up etc.

Back