• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

The dog puked twice...

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
This is the second time I have been in a home and while doing a presentation, an old dog of the prospect puked twice on the rug next to me. :unsure: Not to worry though, he cleaned it up each time... :eek: I thought for a second he was going to have to clean up my pile...:wacko:

I don't think there is anything much more gross than a dog puking. I used to gag when my own dog did it.

And I'm a little queasy now just thinking about it. :wacko:

Thanks for bringing it up.:skeptical:

Just kidding. :laugh:

My last dog was diagnosed with CKD (chronic kidney disease) in Dec 2017. Vet said she might live 6 weeks at most. She encouraged me to euthanize her soon.

I declined and spent time researching the disease. Changed her diet from "special canned food" for dogs with CKD (which she refused to eat). Found a homemade dog loaf (like a meat loaf except for her).

Over the next 10 months I cleaned up a lot of "accidents" in the house plus puke that came without warning. I was one that would gag when the kids puked or when they had messy diapers.

But with my dog I managed to get over it.

That being said, I don't know if I can ever go through that again and I sure as heck won't be cleaning up after someone else's dog.

We finally had to put her down last October. One of the saddest days of my life.

I don't think there is anything much more gross than a dog puking. I used to gag when my own dog did it.

And I'm a little queasy now just thinking about it. :wacko:

Thanks for bringing it up.:skeptical:

Just kidding. :laugh:

I only find it disturbing when the other dogs run to the scene to get their treat.

A vet once told me that dogs just look at this as unprocessed food. The same with their feces. Maybe that might help you guys to ease your stomachs a little. I know it helped me a little.

Buy this stuff called Capture. You can get it at Lowe’s or Amazon. It’s a dry powder for cleaning carpets.

You spray some Pre-spray, sprinkle some powder and scrub it in. Let it dry and vacuum it up.

Great for dog messes, baby spit up etc.

Back