The Great Big Medicare Rip-Off [Medicare Advantage]

That's a piece of information I was not aware of.

If a carrier wants to offer MAPD's in a market, they also have to offer a PDP option?

The PD in MAPD stands for prescription drug. So if they want to have an MAPD they have to have the PD part included. If they don’t then it’s called an MA.

Caveat, an agent……

The PD in MAPD stands for prescription drug. So if they want to have an MAPD they have to have the PD part included. If they don’t then it’s called an MA.

Caveat, an agent……

LD - can you find us a 5 Star PD plan where the MA portion is not 5 Star but the Rx part is? It's a MA-PD#5 plan - very, very rare.

When you find it, please report back here. Oh, and if you don't mind, let's try to have that be your next post. No posting until you find it. It'll be our little game.

Go!

We'll be here once you find it!!!!!

They already did that once. Renewals used to pay the same as first year and then one day right after the season started they go half comp at the stroke of a pen.

Life insurance policies 120% comp first year then 10% next 10 years.

MAPD will find a way to drop that 2nd year renewal to 1% in time. This cannot be sustained giving everything away to subsidize the program. Like any subsidized govt program cuts will come as 31 Trazilliin of debt climbs.

Agents will be first to get the AXE. I give it 2 more years then GOP slashes down these subsidies

BIGLY and comp drops to pennies on renewals. Ask walmart agents for affirmation

MAPD will find a way to drop that 2nd year renewal to 1% in time. This cannot be sustained giving everything away to subsidize the program. Like any subsidized govt program cuts will come as 31 Trazilliin of debt climbs.

Agents will be first to get the AXE. I give it 2 more years then GOP slashes down these subsidies

BIGLY and comp drops to pennies on renewals. Ask walmart agents for affirmation
You got it backwards. The GOP is the side that pushes privatizing Medicare (Medicare Advantage Plans).

Seems to me that BOTH flavors are looking to "save" Medicare by shitting as many people as possible into managed care plans.
The left still has a huge number of “leaders” totally opposed to the whole Medicare Parts C system. But, ALL politicians are always attracted to anything that can allow them to legally gain piles of taxpayer money. And the whole MA system takes that unobtainable Medicare money and frees it up for marketing, commissions, and well paying those pesky claims too.
I guarantee you there are politicians right now trying to figure out how to get all the marketing and commission money that bleeds out from MA plans back into their pockets. Could be lefties or righties. They are all greedy and corrupt.

Life comp pays that because of the prospecting. People have to buy health insurance. They dont have to buy life insurance.

If you are prospecting for just life insurance, its a totally different ball game.

Back