The Novice is Back!

tired

Hey Everyone!

Some time ago, I posted a thread regarding my initial experiences in the insurance industry.

insurance-forums.net/forum/general-insurance-agent-discussions/disillusioned-novice-t37822.html

I cannot thank you all enough for providing me with your collective experience and guidance. I have since submitted my resignation, and am really excited about the opportunities ahead. The overall consensus seems to be to go independent...

Based on 7 month of intense service experience, but No sales experience, what are my best options for a career path as an independent?

Again, you input is invaluable and greatly appreciated.

Hey Everyone!

Some time ago, I posted a thread regarding my initial experiences in the insurance industry.

insurance-forums.net/forum/general-insurance-agent-discussions/disillusioned-novice-t37822.html

I cannot thank you all enough for providing me with your collective experience and guidance. I have since submitted my resignation, and am really excited about the opportunities ahead. The overall consensus seems to be to go independent...

Based on 7 month of intense service experience, but No sales experience, what are my best options for a career path as an independent?

First step: Find an agent willing to take you under his wing. Preferably an agent who will give you an office space with internet connection and a phone. Learn as much as you can working for/with this person...

Best of luck!:yes:

Hey Everyone!

You must first decide what you want to sell. I'm not talking about a category like life, health or P&C. Pick a specific product. My area of expertise is Med Supps and cross selling FE.

Once you have selected a product then set out to learn all you can about it. Your goal should be to become an expert on it.

Once you have done that then look for someone to help you to understand, not only the product but also how to successfully sell it.

When you have mastered that then begin looking at other products to add to your portfolio.

The biggest reason I have seen agents fail in this business is that they start out believing they need to be all things to all people.

You must first decide what you want to sell. I'm not talking about a category like life, health or P&C. Pick a specific product. My area of expertise is Med Supps and cross selling FE.

Once you have selected a product then set out to learn all you can about it. Your goal should be to become an expert on it.

Once you have done that then look for someone to help you to understand, not only the product but also how to successfully sell it.

When you have mastered that then begin looking at other products to add to your portfolio.

The biggest reason I have seen agents fail in this business is that they start out believing they need to be all things to all people.

Good advice. Take it to heart.

Any time you want to kick around thoughts and ideas, give me a call. I've been doing this for a couple of years and will be glad to share what I have experienced.

Who are you trying to kid Frank?! You've been doing insurance since they still spelled it, "Infurance", as in Old English spelling!

Back