The Ultimate Question: Selling Life or Health Insurance

Both!! You will need health to get you into the door, and life to give you the reserves. Life pays more but can be a harder sell than Health which pays less but is an easier sell. Medicare Supplements have the best residuals.
Start off with learning health, put in your zip code to ehealth, order all the plans by monthly price and note who has the most competitive deductibles for HSA's and Copay plans. Then go to Term4sale.com and fish around and learn how to quote a term policy.
Both man, both, especially after this healthcare fiasco, you are gonna wanna diversify those bonds...

Avoid selling health. You're not going to sell health in NJ and since your native language is Spanish it will be next to impossible for you to sell over the phone in other states. Stick to life.

Why is NJ so hard to sell health? I am a naive p&c guy btw.

Also northern NJ he is probably close to NYC, it might be a good idea to sell health there?

Why is NJ so hard to sell health? I am a naive p&c guy btw.

Also northern NJ he is probably close to NYC, it might be a good idea to sell health there?

New York might be the worst state in the country to sell health insurance in.

I think life has much more opportunities. From what I understand health has a lot more paperwork and the commissions arent as great.

Back