Today Matters Indeed

I just wanted to share this with you guys because it's definitely something we encounter often. How often do we run into people where they want to put this off for xxx period of time? I do telesales, so I probably experience it far more than field sales guys, but regardless it definitely happens. I share this short experience because its important to remember the importance of TODAY. If you truly are committed to doing what is best for your clients, they should get approved asap assuming they want coverage.

Feel free to share this with people. Its a real story.

I called a woman today whom I got approved for a level benefit about two weeks ago. I called her a few times last week but she never answered the phone and never returned my calls. I was mainly calling her to confirm she got stuff in the mail. Anyways, I call today and she finally answers. Long story short, she was in the hospital for about a week and now she needs dialysis.

Obviously this would have huge implications on her eligibility if she were to apply now. I began to ask again about her health before we did the app. I asked if there was any indication of kidney issues prior to the app or if doctors had mentioned anything related to her kidney issue. I remember the conversation we had when I did the app she mentioned that she was having some pain on the inside in her lower back region but that was all. She was actually concerned that this new condition would affect her policy. I told her that since she answered no to all the health questions (and even re read them and confirmed that two weeks ago they were real no answers), and since Foresters checked her meds she was approved for an immediate benefit so she has nothing to worry about.

Needless to say, she was quite pleased and super happy she did the app that day instead of waiting.

Remember, waiting even a week can mean the difference between approval and decline. If they want coverage, its best the get approved now. Its definitely in their best interest.

I'm sure it isn't the agents dragging their feet...

The problem was The applicants health changed from time of the application to the draft date. With telesales there is no conditional receipt.

Back