• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Top 3-5 Go-to Carriers for New Agent

...you have to follow the train of disorganized thought.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Good one, HoosierLife.

I'm trying to follow the advice of getting one main carrier and adding as needed. Can either MOO or UHL fill that bill?

How come no one ever mentions MOO? Isn't Living Promise a good product? I suspect it's because it's for the healthier among us and the leads you get from E-64, et al, are not in that group. True or false? And what is wrong with UHL/UFFL? I ask because I haven't sold FE but am contracted with these companies. Should I try to sell them, or find better companies? From my readings on here, Aetna seems like a good one but isn't available in CA.

MOO has two things that make them unpopular for FE agents.

1. Unpredictable underwriting coupled with no POS interview. If you are not going to allow POS interviews you need to approve most applications and not be unpredictable.

2. They sell products direct to consumer and compete against their own agents. It wouldn't be quite as bad if they allowed agents to sell all their products but they don't. Most companies respect their agents enough to not compete against them.

Good one, HoosierLife.

I'm trying to follow the advice of getting one main carrier and adding as needed. Can either MOO or UHL fill that bill?

The best carriers for agents new to final expense should have very short applications (3-5 pages), minimal signature requirements, decently competitive in pricing, cover most health issues generally well, and are easy to deal with when issues arise (incomplete applications, post-sale administrative issues).

For me, the following carriers fit that bill the best:

1) Security National
2) Family Benefit/Trinity Life
3) United Heritage
4) Standard Life

These carriers overall make the lives of final expense agents much easier compared to a lot of other carriers that continually through obstacles in the way of getting paid.

The best carriers for agents new to final expense should have very short applications (3-5 pages), minimal signature requirements, decently competitive in pricing, cover most health issues generally well, and are easy to deal with when issues arise (incomplete applications, post-sale administrative issues).

For me, the following carriers fit that bill the best:

1) Security National
2) Family Benefit/Trinity Life
3) United Heritage
4) Standard Life

These carriers overall make the lives of final expense agents much easier compared to a lot of other carriers that continually through obstacles in the way of getting paid.

If add aetna to round out a number 5 and throw in gerber if they dont qualify for snl rop, other than that i agree 100% with your lineup.

Good one, HoosierLife. I'm trying to follow the advice of getting one main carrier and adding as needed. Can either MOO or UHL fill that bill?

I don't write either of them. I know the YIG boys Trans as their go to and MOO as their back up for insulin.

----------

In my bag are:

FBL
SNL ROP
Trans
Aetna
Kskj
Gerber
Grange (not for long)

I think I'm going to add Great Western. It will replace Grange and Gerber.

Back