Transitioning from MAPDs and FE to Traditional Life Insurance Sales

mikeincolumbuso

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been life and health licensed for 11 years now. I started out trying to sell cash value whole life, but I ended up selling mostly 15 and 20-year fully underwritten term. I also think I spent too much time trying to convince my self of the value of CV whole life.
I switched to Medicare Advantage several years ago and I have been pretty successful. I have also sold some FE during this time. I have had two of the FE death claims during April and it has help me understand the value of life insurance and how much more impactful it is than selling Medicare plans. Some people may disagree, but that is my opinion.
I want to try and start selling more traditionally life insurance like underwritten term and small dividend paying whole life policies. Over time, I have come to truly see the value in these policies.
Any advice on the most effective way to switch back? Can leads for these types of clients be effective? I am not thrilled about approaching my natural market either. My MA renewals should start coming in late this year so it does give me a chance to shift my focus on life insurance. Any advice?

Back