• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Trial Close Questions

I love days like today. I started door knocking at 9 and got home at 7. When its super cold outside I know all are home and they're sitting ducks. I'm like a tiger who hasn't eaten in 2 weeks looking for prey to feast on. The only thing I need now is a gas mask as the second hand smoke is killing me.

Is that all you do is cold knock?

Who's your beneficiary going to be?

When trail closing always use statements like wouldn't you agree,couldn't we, etc. when you get the I want to think about it objection, say that's wonderful I've given you something to think about. Now let me ask you a question Mrs Jones, putting the investment aside (never use the word money) do you feel comfortable doing business with me, good, I've given you enough information, explained the benefits, qualified you for all the discounts, so if I were to pay for this policy we could go ahead and get your signature and take care of this while I'm here? (never use the word today) it's not what you say but how you say it. (Of course), well you know I can't do that, (chuckling), I'm sure if you're investment was more affordable, though, we could move forward, couldn't we? Proceed to show them a lower plan, they can always get more at a later date, and walk out with something. Don't always be trying to hit the homerun.

When trail closing always use statements like wouldn't you agree,couldn't we, etc. when you get the I want to think about it objection, say that's wonderful I've given you something to think about. Now let me ask you a question Mrs Jones, putting the investment aside (never use the word money) do you feel comfortable doing business with me, good, I've given you enough information, explained the benefits, qualified you for all the discounts, so if I were to pay for this policy we could go ahead and get your signature and take care of this while I'm here? (never use the word today) it's not what you say but how you say it. (Of course), well you know I can't do that, (chuckling), I'm sure if you're investment was more affordable, though, we could move forward, couldn't we? Proceed to show them a lower plan, they can always get more at a later date, and walk out with something. Don't always be trying to hit the homerun.

I use the assumption close. While you're saying all that, I've filled out most of the app.

I use the assumption close. While you're saying all that, I've filled out most of the app.

Excuse me, I'm glad you're that good. I was merely contributing to the thread. I guess I'm doing something wrong if I'm only averaging around 15k a month in AP..Goodnight.

Excuse me, I'm glad you're that good. I was merely contributing to the thread. I guess I'm doing something wrong if I'm only averaging around 15k a month in AP..Goodnight.

I certainly didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Nothing wrong with contributing. You had a good post. You chose my comment to contribute, so I contributed back to you.

My point was that when I say, 'who's your beneficiary", I'm already past the point you're at when you say those lines. That's a trial close, which is what this thread is about. If they stop me, then I obviously have more work to do. If they don't stop me, no need to keep closing(and possibly talk myself out of the sale).:)

My approach to presenting, and how I teach my agents to present, is to think of the presentation as a vehicle to qualify whether or not the suspect is truly a prospect.

My goal is to utilize my time in such a manner that I can quickly identify whether a suspect has all the "stuff" to make him a high-opportunity prospect, and if not, to quickly leave and find another suspect to repeat the process.

Somewhat like John, I ask a lot of open-ended questions in the beginning to establish whether or not the suspect has an emotional/logical reason to own my life insurance products.

Unlike a lot of of agents, I do not use tie-downs, assumptive phrasing, and closed-ended questions to elicit yeses; I always ask for permission from the prospect (except when closing "which works the best for you?"), as permission-based selling fits my personality more.

The only real trial close I use is about mid-stream in the presentation, when I ask the "money question."

At this point, considering the way that I present, if I am asking the money question, then I feel pretty strongly that my suspect fits all the requirements necessary to make him a prospect (has a emotional desire a reason for coverage, has the health and draftable account for coverage).

My trial close is based off of Tim Winders, which is: "If I can qualify you for a program TODAY, knowing your budget best, would a program between $80 and $100 a month, fit your budget?" Then working it down if necessary.

To me, this is exemplary of a trial close. If they say yes to a budget range, then they are truly prospects, and are willing to do business as long as I can keep my word.

Back