TX health agents, what to do?

Ratings are WORTHLESS in the health business.

To answer your question I think you are reading the rating wrong, it is A- to my knowledge.

You better hope they have no RX or you aren't going to like the outcome of underwriting, which is the most restrictive in Texas.

PM me if you need advice.

UNICARE "Health Insurance Co" of Texas says NR-2. Now I see UNICARE Health "Plans" of Texas says A-. What's the difference? That's kind of strange. An agency that competes with them down there quotes that first one alot when comparing side by side.

So much for 12 years in the American school system.

Fostever this is not marked for you so don't get pissed but I'm stunned, amazed and flabbergasted when I read some of these posts. Never let it be said that I don't post typo's - I type very fast sometimes and lay grammar eggs just like everyone else.

However, some of the spelling and writing in general I've seen shouldn't pass 8th grade English. It actually shouldn't pass 4th grade English. It's embarrassing for anyone to claim to have graduated high school without even the most basic writing skills.

I'm sure guys like Al pass out when they read some of the posts by licensed insurance professionals.

I guess the good news is if my son ever flunks out of the 7th grade he can always become an insurance agent.

Sorry but you hit a pet peeve of mine. "alot" is not a work - it's a lot.

I am guessing you meant "Sorry but you hit a pet peeve of mine. "alot" is not a word - it's a lot".

It is kind of funny when you try to correct someone and you make a mistake in the process. By "you", I am speaking to all the grammar police of the all the forums in the past, present and future. You just know the poster would like to run around the internet corner and hide, but it is still there for all to see.

I know that I do not have perfect grammar, written or spoken. But I do the best I can considering the years without proper blood flow to the brain. I reckon some of my learnin' stayed with me. I actually had a grammar teacher in grammar school named Mrs. Grammar. I think if I did speak perfect English here in West Tennessee, most of my health prospects would have no trust in me.

Well it has an impact - especially on clients. And I'd rather someone correct me on a message board then lose a client who thinks I'm an uneducated boob.

I have agents email me and use "there" when they should be using "their." You have any idea how that comes across to a client? You have any idea that if you mail letter to prospects (which everyone should be doing) that one typo can null and void your entire letter. And spell check doesn't catch most of this stuff.

The next biggie is "that" and "who." It makes my teeth hurt. A person is always followed by "who" -

Ex: "I think Jim is a great agent who has been around for over 14 years." What I see is "I think Jim is a great agent that has been around for 14 years."

Go get all bend out of shape on message boards if you want. I'd be embarrassed if someone pointed out - not just a typo- but a spelling or grammar also. I'd get over it quickly knowing to correct that before communicating with clients.

Don't get me going on irregardless.

At any rate, I was not trying to pick on one specific health ins. co. Most that I've seen in TX do have that exclusion for work related claims, and do not say, to my knowledge, "if you have workers comp, then it's not covered on this insurance, but if you don't, we will pay."

Which is what some are implying here.

Instead, most health policies I read here in TX just simply state, "no coverage where workers comp or other work related laws would be {or could be } in place, in place or not, or a work related policy other than this one should be there, but is not, so you lose because you should have been like other states that provide workers comp, but you don't, so we ain't payin it"
Or something like that. Paraphrasing, of course. It kind of gives the ins. co. an "out" when it comes to work related stuff.

Now, I did run into a pre-paid legal guy, who was going business to business, helping the businesses with all the new { I don't know how new} federal laws about some sort of compliance issues for employees. I did not get into that with him much, but he seemed to be well versed on some fed laws about something or other. I could see the feds at some point putting the clamps down on TX to have workers comp laws of some kind, eventually. Or trying to, somehow.

Back