UHC not granting releases even though we are outside of the blackout period

I'm a captive agent with UHC in Florida. I along with some other captive agents are trying to move to the EDC (broker channel). Apparently, our requests for a release are being denied throughout all of Florida until after AEP. At least that's the rumor. UHC documents state that the blackout period is from 9/01/ through 01/01 so there isn't any conflict there. Has anyone been running into this? Does anyone have suggestions on what we can do?

The local agent manager says they are not granting releases until 01/01. That is what he is getting from his management. From what myself and the other captive agents can make out it seems like UHC's main person over Florida is just deciding on their own that they aren't releasing agents.

The local agent manager says they are not granting releases until 01/01. That is what he is getting from his management. From what myself and the other captive agents can make out it seems like UHC's main person over Florida is just deciding on their own that they aren't releasing agents.

You got Humana , WellCare and Aet for aep . If your going move move

This is what I suspect as well. Someone just doesn't want you to move. I don't think the regional manager can just decide that on their own, but who knows. I would call the UHC ICA side and ask.

@Don P
If we start selling other companies' products without getting a release then they can terminate us for cause and we would lose our current book of business along with the ability to write UHC plan in the future. So that's not an option.

@Todd King
From everything I read ICA has the same rules as everyone else. I've spoken with many people and they all say the same thing. There shouldn't be any problem since we are outside of the blackout period. The releases still aren't being granted though.

It is a local manager issue.. ICA's are being released in other areas.

UHC has not released their plans. Rumor has it they needed to add close to $1Billion back into their benefits with their final 2024 bid.

It is a local manager issue.. ICA's are being released in other areas.

UHC has not released their plans. Rumor has it they needed to add close to $1Billion back into their benefits with their final 2024 bid.

Your info is correct . The regional told me they had to refile and increase benefits . On the united earnings call a few weeks ago the company spokesman said they their bid to cms on filing was reducing benefits . United doesn’t have to play the benefit game as they got tremendous growth and loyalty .She also told me they laid off 1/2 the regionals and she got a pay cut . She said it’s based on the outlook yrs out on mapd and there belt tightening . She also had zero info on the new plans as they’ve told them zip. It’s very possible most of the carriers go to the fe type model with no to few regionals on the ground and make the fmo’s do it all .

Back