• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

UHC - Thank You for Your Patience

They answered my call back in 6 minutes. The gentleman I talked to was most helpful. He let me know he was minutes away from being through for the day and he was glad.

I was talking with someone about a customers PDP plan.

On my call I must have sighed or something it said it couldn't understand me and connected me immediatly to a rep...after a couple minutes with that woman she essentially said she need to transfer me...that transfer required about a 45 minute wait till I got he next person on the line...I mentioned they must be overworked because of the hold times and she said Mondays and Tuesdays are like that and we would be smarter to call wednesday or Thursday...I wanted to comment, no it would be smarter to increase staffing for those two days, Its not like we get a call from the client on Monday and say I'm sorry client X its Monday and UHC PHD has a 1 hour wait time I'm going to ignore your question for 48 hours until UHC has a lower call volume.

On my call I must have sighed or something it said it couldn't understand me and connected me immediatly to a rep...after a couple minutes with that woman she essentially said she need to transfer me...that transfer required about a 45 minute wait till I got he next person on the line...I mentioned they must be overworked because of the hold times and she said Mondays and Tuesdays are like that and we would be smarter to call wednesday or Thursday...I wanted to comment, no it would be smarter to increase staffing for those two days, Its not like we get a call from the client on Monday and say I'm sorry client X its Monday and UHC PHD has a 1 hour wait time I'm going to ignore your question for 48 hours until UHC has a lower call volume.

It's like this every year after the AEP ends. I didn't have that long of a wait on a PDP question for a policyholder.

I faxed in a MoO med-supp application a week ago today and it still hasn't shown up on my pending list.

I mailed in 2 AARP med-supp apps last week and they haven't shown up either. Plus 2 PDP applications. Plus an MAPD plan.:skeptical:

Another thing about calling PHD/UHC...the recorded message from the lady on there says..."you have until Dec. 31st to enroll and enjoy the benefits for 2010.".....

(1)It's after Dec. 31st.
(2)For 2010? Uh...think she should have said...."for 2011."

Last edited:
i dont know how agents make a living selling MA or even med supp through AARP, so slow

Its about options...I have 2 carriers that are signifigantly below everyone else for Med Supp Premiums in my state those are AARP and Anthem BC/BS. So I've picked my poison and Choose to sell AARP the website works better than Anthems, the commission is higher I'm just waiting for the UoO rollout which I have heard will be 2/1/2011.

Latest posts

Back