Unique Marketing?

Getzer928

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What are some of the unique marketing techniques you use to get leads?

One guy said he goes to bingo halls to get Med Supp leads...I was thinking about that.

Approach a local gas station owner. Suggest that he have a "senior" day one or two days a week. The premise will be that on "senior" day an attendant, you, will pump their gas and wash their windshield, or just pump their gas. They will flock there in droves on that day.

They will not be preoccupied with playing Bingo or anything else. Only thinking how cool it is that they get special treatment.

Do you know how few places do that any more? There is one station here in town that still has an attendant who comes out and pumps gas. They are always busy, plus they are lower than every other station in town.

It would work especially well if you could get the owner to reduce the price a couple of cents a gallon for those who show their Medicare Card. Have a sign made that says "Medicare Discount Today" and ask him if he would put it up.

You could have a brochure printed up that says something like, "Thank you for letting us help you save money on your gas. If you would also like to save money on your Medicare Supplement Insurance please give us a call. We will give you the same helpful, polite service as when we helped you save money on your gas." When they hand you their Medicare Card you hand them a brochure.

You sound very creative. I'm sure you can come up with something that sounds better than that.

Approach a local gas station owner. Suggest that he have a "senior" day one or two days a week. The premise will be that on "senior" day an attendant, you, will pump their gas and wash their windshield, or just pump their gas. They will flock there in droves on that day.

They will not be preoccupied with playing Bingo or anything else. Only thinking how cool it is that they get special treatment.

Do you know how few places do that any more? There is one station here in town that still has an attendant who comes out and pumps gas. They are always busy, plus they are lower than every other station in town.

It would work especially well if you could get the owner to reduce the price a couple of cents a gallon for those who show their Medicare Card. Have a sign made that says "Medicare Discount Today" and ask him if he would put it up.

You could have a brochure printed up that says something like, "Thank you for letting us help you save money on your gas. If you would also like to save money on your Medicare Supplement Insurance please give us a call. We will give you the same helpful, polite service as when we helped you save money on your gas." When they hand you their Medicare Card you hand them a brochure.

You sound very creative. I'm sure you can come up with something that sounds better than that.

That is a great idea! I will let you know a few of the ideas I create and implement in the next few months.

That is a great idea! I will let you know a few of the ideas I create and implement in the next few months.

I actually did that for a short time when I first started selling Med Supps in Springfield, MO. I had fairly decent success but after a short while the owner decided he didn't want to do it anymore.

I didn't do it long enough to figure out how to get the seniors contact information. I thought of writing down the license plate number and trying to see if I could get it that way but never pursued it.

It actually was kind of fun. I talked to them the whole time and some even offered me a tip. haha

I've done some other crazy things, maybe we should talk some time and compare "war stories". :D

Don't waste your time attending events.

I target seniors and the people they MUST see on an annual basis. They send me about 5 appointments a week because they trust me and it's not worth there time to do financials.

I also do social media (connect with adult children of seniors. these are the primary decision makers) This is how I get :1eek:50% of my customer base.

Don't waste your time attending events.

I target seniors and the people they MUST see on an annual basis. They send me about 5 appointments a week because they trust me and it's not worth there time to do financials.

I also do social media (connect with adult children of seniors. these are the primary decision makers) This is how I get :1eek:50% of my customer base.

I am curious. In another thread you stated that you have been in buisness for 6 months. With that being said; how many customers do you have?

Yes. The people they have to see on an annual basis are the attorneys I work with.. getting things like power of attorney, advanced medical directive, will, etc. etc

These seniors do an annual life care plan check-up and during this they get educated by the attorneys about alternative options to funding their LTC.

How many clients do I have? Enough to have two assistants working for me.

Yes. The people they have to see on an annual basis are the attorneys I work with.. getting things like power of attorney, advanced medical directive, will, etc. etc

These seniors do an annual life care plan check-up and during this they get educated by the attorneys about alternative options to funding their LTC.

How many clients do I have? Enough to have two assistants working for me.

Great response......LOL

Back