Unique Marketing?

Yeah but are you going to spend a day pumping gas and will the senior look at you like a gas station attendant or insurance agent.

It all depends on your approach. I'm sure if you are dressed in clothes like a gas station attendant, you might have that problem. However, if you have your hair slicked back and cheeks ready to pinch, you might have some luck with the seniors! :laugh:

I target senior citizen homes, churches, bingo, the super market at the first of the month (I put fliers on the car).

I'm big on getting referrals as well.

Approach a local gas station owner. Suggest that he have a "senior" day one or two days a week. The premise will be that on "senior" day an attendant, you, will pump their gas and wash their windshield, or just pump their gas. They will flock there in droves on that day.

They will not be preoccupied with playing Bingo or anything else. Only thinking how cool it is that they get special treatment.

Do you know how few places do that any more? There is one station here in town that still has an attendant who comes out and pumps gas. They are always busy, plus they are lower than every other station in town.

It would work especially well if you could get the owner to reduce the price a couple of cents a gallon for those who show their Medicare Card. Have a sign made that says "Medicare Discount Today" and ask him if he would put it up.

You could have a brochure printed up that says something like, "Thank you for letting us help you save money on your gas. If you would also like to save money on your Medicare Supplement Insurance please give us a call. We will give you the same helpful, polite service as when we helped you save money on your gas." When they hand you their Medicare Card you hand them a brochure.

You sound very creative. I'm sure you can come up with something that sounds better than that.

I like this one....especially here in AZ where it's so hot in the summer...the seniors will appreciate it. Thanks...

Well, try:

*Creating a profile (blogs, social media, linkedin, facebook, twitter,) or building your name online.
*Create content and some helpful information about insurance and how you may help them
*Learn email marketing (but not the spammy way)
*Visit people's houses and try to ask if you can talk to them if they need such insurance.
*Give business cards to people you meet.

Back