United American

I thought his post was intelligent, thoughtful and astute.

There was a bit of confusion as to whether Slim was stating his own opinion or quoting someone else. Slim got angry and I apologized for my mistake. He just hasn't edited any of his posts in reaction to it, nor should he need to.

It's dead weight in the thread. Pay it no attention.

IG
I don't consider a half-hearted retraction and a
private message 5 times as long as public apology to be much of an apology or retraction. You have not even
cleaned up all of the mistakes you made about me and you make yourself and this thread look bad in my eyes .
I don't appreciate it. I can't even stand to give it much attention anymore . :-) I also don't consider your shifting
blame and not accepting responsibility and not totally correcting the matter to get the facts right, as an apology
either. And to try and tell me about how to do the quote deal is a bit egotistical when all you ought to do is apologize
publicly where mistake is and fix it. You should go check some other threads and maybe you will see it happens that quotes are not always perfectly placed with background and quotemarks etc. . Maybe you should read a thread in its entirety to get up to speed before you rush to make a serious atttack against someone.
Slim

IG
I don't consider a half-hearted retraction and a
private message 5 times as long as public apology to be much of an apology or retraction. You have not even
cleaned up all of the mistakes you made about me and you make yourself and this thread look bad in my eyes .
I don't appreciate it. I can't even stand to give it much attention anymore . :-) I also don't consider your shifting
blame and not accepting responsibility and not totally correcting the matter to get the facts right, as an apology
either. And to try and tell me about how to do the quote deal is a bit egotistical when all you ought to do is apologize
publicly where mistake is and fix it. You should go check some other threads and maybe you will see it happens that quotes are not always perfectly placed with background and quotemarks etc. . Maybe you should read a thread in its entirety to get up to speed before you rush to make a serious atttack against someone.
Slim

Yeah, okay Slim. It's just a message board. If you can't take my apology at face for what it is, then I don't see the point in apologizing again. I corrected what I needed to correct, addressed my statements to where they originally needed to be addressed to begin with, I admitted my mistake and apologized.

There's no point in dramatizing it any further. If your feelings are hurt, that's your problem. It was a simple error, I made a recommendation for how you can help others avoid these errors in the future, and that's really it.

You can tell a LOT about a person's character when asking for someone's forgiveness. And your character is showing loud and clear, Slim. Grace and Humility are not exactly your strong points are they? You'd rather have someone kneel before you and beg of you that you grant their request to forgive.

You can step down from your pedestal now. No one really cares whether you feel better about it or not. Take what you can get and quit whining like a little toddler who didn't get his way.

How is UA's Flex plan better than Mega or Midwest? Would you sell those also? How about discount plans - those are really important - if money is your only object.

Insurance is to protect assets. No assets = no need for insurance.

Many agents can't tell people to save their money instead of paying for a useless plan. I'm sitting here watching our country go down the tubes because of greed and I see plenty on this forum.

How is UA's Flex plan better than Mega or Midwest? Would you sell those also? How about discount plans - those are really important - if money is your only object.

Insurance is to protect assets. No assets = no need for insurance.

Many agents can't tell people to save their money instead of paying for a useless plan. I'm sitting here watching our country go down the tubes because of greed and I see plenty on this forum.

I don't think most people on this forum are advocating paying for plans like UA's Flex, Mega, or Benefit programs. It's not just about assets, however. Sure, if you have no assets, you have less risk of "losing" money on the back of these plans, but you still have a medical debt looming over your head. And unfortunately, legislation appears to be siding with the health care providers now. Medical collections appear to be able to garnish paychecks now because of new legislation (just a rumor that's been circulating... not sure about the source).

At any rate, I just wouldn't recommend a plan like the UA Flex after understanding what it is. Instead, if it was up to me and someone wanted me to submit a UA Flex application, I'd have the customer sign a document to the effect that I cautioned them of the risks of such a plan.

Most of the people taking snipes at UA have never sold it, know next to nothing about it, or were former captive/branch agents.

Let's bury this threat already.

You know insuranceguru, it would have been much more manly of you to just admit your mistake originally and say you are sorry when it was brought to your attention.

You weren't even man enough to leave your original mistake in tack (sp?) that you halfass corrected.

I tried to cut you some slack when I first made you aware.

If you want to pm me and make an excuse for your insurance exams being a drain on your brain and offer it as excuse to your not catching your mistake , then maybe you should not call yourself an insuranceguru. Maybe pretendinsuranceguru would be more accurate.

I am not here to fight. I will if you want a go though. The way you left it up even after it was called to your attention multiple times is telling of your character . As is your turning your apology into a name calling belittleing incident.

If you have concern for this thread or forum maybe you should read the thread before halfway contributing to it.

You ought to notice in my first post (in #55), I said that
I am glad this post saved me time in not going to a scheduled interview with UA.

I did not say it well. I did not have the quote thing working.

Still, you might want to look at the dude here who caused the drama on this thread, when he took and made personal what is his and others experience and view.

If you want to take a shot at me why not be more than just a drive by shooter.

Why not look at yourself before you accuse someone who is innocent in the matter?

If anyone should have spoke to me the way you did it would be the dude from FL who I went after.

I originally stated my opinion.

I still say you are 2 peas in a pod and you have no
credibility with me. :no:

Slim

You know insuranceguru, it would have been much more manly of you to just admit your mistake originally and say you are sorry when it was brought to your attention.

You weren't even man enough to leave your original mistake in tack (sp?) ["intact" is the word you are looking for] that you halfass corrected... [and so on...]

You are free to think whatever you want about me. I didn't realize my mistake until a few posts after my post, and I made the effort to correct it (to my satisfaction... which is the extent of my effort, like it or not). You are making a mountain out of a molehill over a couple of posts that I HAVE ALREADY CHANGED! There's nothing left for you to complain about but your wounded ego and your "it's not fair" attitude.

It's not that I'm unwilling to acknowledge my mistake (I already have), it's just that I don't care if you can't accept my apology. Take what you can get. Or don't. I really don't give a heap of cow dung one way or the other if you get over this or not. It's not my problem anymore. It's your problem, and you are the only one that can do something about it. Get over it, or dwell on it for the rest of your life. Why should I care one way or the other what you do, Slim? Is it really worth the argument, or do you really have NOTHING better to do?

Back