Urban Vs Rural

The only time I have worked a true rural area is the two times I ordered phone means that tend to produce themselves in those areas.

Our rural areas tend to be higher income areas being so close to major cities on the East Coast.

I find it easier to knock in urban areas. A lot of the more rural leads I've come across had a gate or something with the house way back off the road.

I think Trans changed the perception of direct express business. If the drafts are taken correctly as Trans and Family benefit do its actually been incredible persistency . Now I think the problem comes for carriers in years 2-4 as cards expire and when cards are lost.No agents chasing these people down for small renewals.I see no difference in rural or metro for sales or persistency. The only rule is stay out of the projects.

Why stay out of the projects?

Why stay out of the projects?

Because you are better off targeting higher income neighborhoods (stable premium payers). More responsible family people regardless of race. But even if you're targeting middle class black neighborhoods (especially in cities), you will still run into some DE types so be prepared.

p.s.- And some people just ain't cut out to work the 'hood.::nah:

Because you are better off targeting higher income neighborhoods (stable premium payers). More responsible family people regardless of race. But even if you're targeting middle class black neighborhoods (especially in cities), you will still run into some DE types so be prepared. p.s.- And some people just ain't cut out to work the 'hood.::nah:

95% of my clients live in the projects.

I will be honest you do have to go through a lot of garbage to find qualified buyers, but you can go through the garbage rather quickly, I can have 20 cards, in a one block radius.

so many of them are deadbeats, think it's free... However the ones that buy, are good, they generally stick.

95% of my clients live in the projects. I will be honest you do have to go through a lot of garbage to find qualified buyers, but you can go through the garbage rather quickly, I can have 20 cards, in a one block radius. so many of them are deadbeats, think it's free... However the ones that buy, are good, they generally stick.

I've had the same experience .... Although , I never like to say deadbeat .

I have found , personally, rather than working through 20 cards in the hood in a matter of a couple days if I work through 20 - 25 in a more rural area my ROI is greater . Also, that same stack of leads typically lasts me a bit longer .

It takes me a bit more time to contact everyone in a rural setting. I find , in rural areas , people are a bit more trusting and have, seemingly, less "saturation" of other agents .......

Fe is FE no matter where you go . Rural or city, the people are still the same .... For the most part .
(I'm a pretty persistent dker, I use the phones for my older leads I couldn't get ahold of or for my door tag call backs )

I've had the same experience .... Although , I never like to say deadbeat .

I have found , personally, rather than working through 20 cards in the hood in a matter of a couple days if I work through 20 - 25 in a more rural area my ROI is greater . Also, that same stack of leads typically lasts me a bit longer .

It takes me a bit more time to contact everyone in a rural setting. I find , in rural areas , people are a bit more trusting and have, seemingly, less "saturation" of other agents .......

Fe is FE no matter where you go . Rural or city, the people are still the same .... For the most part .
(I'm a pretty persistent dker, I use the phones for my older leads I couldn't get ahold of or for my door tag call backs )

People are definitley different in certain areas. Rural kentucky and inner city la is a whole new ball game.

Worked in one of Americas worst cities in June. Prequalify/warmup was:
Yes, i'm the insurance guy, not the "white bo' buying dope"
Let's take a peek at your DE card
Let's see which trans or gerber plan you qualify with with DE

Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone as long as you're already there?:cool:

Lol sounds like Baltimore. Everyone and their mama is disabled. I always wondered why, come to think it might be the widespread lead poisoning.

Back