We Have Not Had a Torchmark Thread in a While

Libnat recruits in Ohio. they appoint them to UA and to Libnat. Torchmark came out with a Medsupp with Libnat. Of course a plan F is $200 a month and a plan N is $160. They are going after the T65 crowd and Recruit, Recruit, Recruit. The only real problem I have with them are the agent contracts are so unfair. 20 year vesting to get renewals is insane. 10 years with Libnat

Libnat recruits in Ohio. they appoint them to UA and to Libnat. Torchmark came out with a Medsupp with Libnat. Of course a plan F is $200 a month and a plan N is $160. They are going after the T65 crowd and Recruit, Recruit, Recruit. The only real problem I have with them are the agent contracts are so unfair. 20 year vesting to get renewals is insane. 10 years with Libnat
Yeah, I heard they are trying to get back in the med supp game. Used to be that UA was a big player in that market, even had Paul Harvey do the commercials on the radio.

Well said. Overpriced life insurance is better than no life insurance, generally. Also, the commission that an agent receives is irrelevant when considering if the policy was a good thing or not for the policyholder.

As long as AIL is not replacing better priced policies that are just as good if not better, more power to their agents. That doesn't mean I like Torchmark, that I'd work for them, or that I'd hesitate one second to replace one of their policies when it was in the best interest of the policyholder.

I believe that Torchmark could run a much better shop and do even better for agents and policyholders, but that is ok. The market will take care of them eventually when they no longer do a good job of filling their role. And it means there are plenty of overpriced policies for me to replace!

:yes:

Arghhh, A Pirate after my own heart

Back