What are 3 things that make a excellent FE agent?

Someone to see at the beginning of the day...

Someone to see in the middle of the day...

Someone to see at the end of the day...
On one of my sales trips early in my career, the top agent was asked what was his secret. He said there's only 3 things you need to do to be successful, summed up with the initials "STP":
1) See The People
2) See The People
3) See The People
Overly simplified, like your humorous post, to be sure. But it made the point that's never left me. If you're not having a successful day, don't give up. Keep seeing people until it's too late to see any more. If you've had a successful day, don't stop! Keep seeing people! When you have a cancellation or get porched, go knock on a door or two. Go back on old leads, etc. Whatever, just keep on Seeing The People!

Last edited:
On one of my sales trips early in my career ago, the top agent was asked what was his secret. He said there's only 3 things you need to do to be successful, summed up with the initials "STP":
1) See The People
2) See The People
3) See The People
Overly simplified, like your humorous post, to be sure. But it made the point that's never left me. If you're not having a successful day, don't give up. Keep seeing people until it's too late to see any more. If you've had a successful day, don't stop! Keep seeing people! When you have a cancellation or get porched, go knock on a door or two. Go back on old leads, etc. Whatever, just keep on Seeing The People!
This is basically what Tom Hopkins preaches. Oh, by the way, I am kind of a hoarder and collector. I have a vast array of old school 70's and 80's cassette tapes such as Zig and Tom Hopkins. If I could give advice to a newby it would be to listen to these "old timers". Tons of wisdom there.

This is basically what Tom Hopkins preaches. Oh, by the way, I am kind of a hoarder and collector. I have a vast array of old school 70's and 80's cassette tapes such as Zig and Tom Hopkins. If I could give advice to a newby it would be to listen to these "old timers". Tons of wisdom there.
No tapes for me, but I have some of the books. A lot of what I know about selling insurance came from Zig Ziglar. He worked for Combined for a while, so he's especially good for us door to door types!

No tapes for me, but I have some of the books. A lot of what I know about selling insurance came from Zig Ziglar. He worked for Combined for a while, so he's especially good for us door to door types!
I didn't know he did work for Combined but that would make sense. I always hear him talk about being a pots and pans salesman. Or some kind of kitchen stuff.

Back