What Are Your 2013 Plans And Goals?

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
Although the year isn't anywhere near over, it is winding down, especially when you consider the way the months of November and December work out. I'm not saying that folks can't write business during that time (I've written business on the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year's Eve among others), but for the most part this year has probably already made up it's mind about the direction it's going in. One obvious exception would be the MA agents that haven't even had final approval on their benefits yet (if they've even seen them) and our good friends the health agents are looking to this next election to see if anything has much of a chance of changing.

This year, rather than looking at things at the beginning of 2013 or trying to put together my 2013 plan during the holidays, I'm taking some time now to put pen to paper (and fingers to the keyboard) to work out my plan for 2013.

This year I'm doing a soft launch on the dialer service I'm adding to my business (more info to come on that later), but an article I read in Inc 500 entitled "Speed Traps: Managing fast growth" by Kimberly Weisul pointed to a few problems that growing businesses run into and a few of them hit very close to home. From the article:

Entrepreneurs often have to hire before they know when the new person will be needed.

In case you're wondering, here is the list:

Your business outgrows its staff
You wait too long to hire
Your business lacks the right systems
You run out of money
You can't keep up with demand
The problem is you

What are your plans and goals for 2013?
Do you think it's too early to start putting a plan together?
Is there something you're doing now that you'll probably drop?
Is there something you haven't been doing that you're going to add to the mix?
Do you have to hire new staff?
Do you have to find a different office?
Do you need to add a web presence?

For those of us in the group market, we're not going to have time to think about this until Jan. 15th or so due to new business and renewals. While I have my goals for next year ready (I spend time in the summer doing this each year), it's not something that everyone can focus on at this point.

Surviving the end of the world in 12/2012

I can add that to my list of "Stuff I've survived"

Then I can plan for 2013.

Implementing and expanding on a foolproof system. In about seven years, you can read about it in my free E-Book.

23 points is a lot. Miller is good. OSU is good. But 23 points? I think not.

I just want everyone here to know that I already pre-ordered the E-book. Chumps has graciously allowed me to buy a signed first edition for only $995.

Rick

Implementing and expanding on a foolproof system. In about seven years, you can read about it in my free E-Book.

23 points is a lot. Miller is good. OSU is good. But 23 points? I think not.

Miller was GREAT! 'Twas an awesome game to watch. Catch of the year? Perhaps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back