What do you guys think about abbreviating domain names

When it comes to domain names, a name on the order of hotalabamaquotes.com is not going to parse in the SEOs to anything relevant.

The trick is to have your keywords stress the words Alabama, quotes, insurance, etc. That is where your SEO traffic will come from.

For that reason, you might as well have a short, catchy domain name that people can remember.

Another strategy is to have the short, catchy name parked on your domain and use it as a shortcut. For example, I have a long domain name that I am playing with, something like lifetimeincomeguaranteed.com but I also have life-pay.com that re-directs to the main domain.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You answered what I was wondering when I did not even know that is what I was trying to figure out. Ok I have the domain name of beneficialhealthinsurancesolutions.com which I am going to use that name for my business, but I also have the domain alabamamedicalquotes.com......I have a few others and might get another domain name even shorter like almedquotes.com or something like that, I will have to see what is available. I am trying to keep costs down right now so I am trying to figure this out all by myself, I am hosting at hostmonster, it is taking me a while to figure it all out but I will get it eventually, ha. Thanks for your response.

I am trying to come up with a domain name for a website. I am in Alabama. Everything I can come up with using Alabama is taken or very expensive. I was thinking of using "bama" in the names instead of Alabama. In the state, "bama" is widely known and used instead of Alabama.

My question is that if I were to use something like that would search engines pick up on that when someone types in Alabama?? I know I probably need a blog and other work done for the search engines to index the site, but besides that would a search for alabama health insurance pick up a website named bama health insurance??

Thanks for any info.
Maybe try AlHealthOne

Abbreviating domain names, I think if it's a text/SMS idea it's good. But your domain should be remembered very well including the spellings.

Latest posts

Back