• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What is important to you in selecting an upline FMO?

Let me entertain your question with an answer. I have a total of 15 years experience in the Health; Medicare, Individual, Group, and Life Industry, & Auxiliary benefits. I started working for Empire Blue Cross & Blue Shield in the late 80's. I have knowledge in the health administration; Medicare Grievance and Appeal & compliance and last i entered the sales environment. I started Working the Medicare market in 2005 here in FL when the government CMS gave the administration part to the private health insurance companies. I understand very clearly the reasons why. It is all a number$ game, for you! and control of the Independent Channel for the Insurance Carriers! you say that is about compliance and keeping the agents informed yes that is what we have all heard-However redundantly impossible! you put up a website you hire a couple of A. Hole GA's and you answer some phone calls the birth of an FMO! who regulates your entity? and your employees? the Insurance companies, Nope! CMS? nope-Because the contracts are written very specific to the Agent. It all goes back to the Independent Agent. You have no liability, and all the rewards. Furthermore you and the FMO hierarchy gets compensated for the business written by each independent agent. IF i am going to fatten up your wallet do you think that i do not have the right to ask for more than just a link to get contracted? But somehow i feel more like i work for you, lets see i get about 15 emails per day, from the FMO and other coming from the Insurance carriers themselves telling me the same duplicating the same work! then the phone calls, and then the GA's attitudes. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ YOU DON'T NEED AN FMO! often times agents get had not because they don't know what they are doing is because they are easily led by hard wash talk! and don't read the fine print! So AGENTS if you HAVE TO to sign up with an FMO don't believe the hype!

This whole post shows that you are clueless about the role of an FMO/IMO. Do you really think an FMO/IMO forms because they wake up one day and decide to be one?

If you don't think FMO's/IMO's are regulated by CMS due to MA and PDP plans then that just further shows you don't know what you are talking about. We not only have to certify but everyone in our office that remotely talks about it has to be certified or sign an attestation saying that they will not be doing anything with it. That's just one example that you have no clue about.

If you get 15 emails a day from your FMO then I would fire them too! You see, we do realize that you get emails from the company just like we do. We don't normally forward those over to the agents unless it is something of extreme importance/value.

But all in all, you're correct.....one does not actually have to go to school to learn to read and one does not actually need an IMO or FMO. But since you can't get higher than the level you are actually on and you're not giving up one red cent to be under an FMO/IMO that can't hurt you, but only help....why does any of this matter to you anyway? What are you giving up by going under an FMO/IMO? NOTHING!

Check your inbox

I did. I don't recruit, so your system would not apply to me. I was simply answering your question on one of the things I look for. I am not looking for anyone right now. Pretty happy with the multiple uplines and direct contracts I have.

A suggestion, most of the IMOs here post on the open forum. We are all pretty leary of people that recruit or share by PMs. Not saying you are doing anything wrong. I have been approached by a couple people here by PMs and emails. No big issue, but when a relatively new person show up and starts with the PMs it sets off everyone's spidey sense. Most of the seasoned agents like to get a good look at someone before we ask them to dance. Thanks

Please use a better example. McDonald's is a household name. Not only is it nation-wide, but world-wide. Can you name one IMO that can be named by a non-insurance professional? No, you can't. So let's compare apples to apples please.
Let me make give you an example ...

A Allstate agent versus Independent Agent Apples vs Apples
A HealthMarkets Agent versus Joe’s Insurance Apples vs Apples

Todd I never said that any IMO should brand .. .. but you miss the point .. I was and am referring to agents ..

Last edited:
Let me make is work in your world...

A Allstate agent versus Independent Agent Apples vs Apples
A HealthMarkets Agent versus Joe’s Insurance Apples vs Apples

Todd I never said that any IMO should brand .. .. but you miss the point .. I was and am referring to agents ..

Look, I'm not arguing against you. I'm not necessarily agreeing either. All I was saying is that if you want to make a point then use a good example.

I did. I don't recruit, so your system would not apply to me. I was simply answering your question on one of the things I look for. I am not looking for anyone right now. Pretty happy with the multiple uplines and direct contracts I have.

A suggestion, most of the IMOs here post on the open forum. We are all pretty leary of people that recruit or share by PMs. Not saying you are doing anything wrong. I have been approached by a couple people here by PMs and emails. No big issue, but when a relatively new person show up and starts with the PMs it sets off everyone's spidey sense. Most of the seasoned agents like to get a good look at someone before we ask them to dance. Thanks

You asked me and I elected to send you info in a private manner.... the thread was not started to recruit .. many on here pimp certain FMO’s and this is ok with me .. but I elect not to share with everyone because quite frankly many of here I would not ask to dance with me ..

You asked me and I elected to send you info in a private manner.... the thread was not started to recruit .. many on here pimp certain FMO’s and this is ok with me .. but I elect not to share with everyone because quite frankly many of here I would not ask to dance with me ..

Not knocking you. Just a suggestion.

Back