• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

What is important to you in selecting an upline FMO?

Good freaking luck.

In almost 9 years of selling insurance, I’ve rarely asked an up line for help. Always go straight to carrier.

This past month, I had 2 carriers who’s contracting depts were so stupid they could not handle re-appointing me and my agency. Despite repeated calls in to speak directly with licensing.

One paper pusher argued with me, for quite some time, that I was wrong and that I was already appointed. Couldn’t get it through her thick skull that they had me appointed under the old, surrendered, resident license, and not under the new non-res. Even e-mailed everything to her, in detail.

So, last week, I contacted 2 distinct and well-respected uplines. Explained everything. Asked if they could, somehow, connect with a contact at the carrier to fix their internal glitch to re-appoint me (they required pre-appt., not JIT). Asked them to follow up with carrier until the appt is complete.

Crickets.

My e-mail tracking software shows that one up line opened the e-mail once, replied, “will do,” and never opened again (and 10 days later, it’s still not fixed).

Uplines are all but worthless. Some are occasionally helpful, but they are rare. I can only think of a handful of individual reps that I’ve worked with who seem to have a grasp on professionalism and follow-through.

I can proudly say that I have not failed to return a call or email in 10 years, that I'm aware of. If one fell through the cracks then the agent never said anything about it. Not one complaint EVER about this.

I can proudly say that I have not failed to return a call or email in 10 years, that I'm aware of. If one fell through the cracks then the agent never said anything about it. Not one complaint EVER about this.

You always do answer Todd - most def . . .

What has more value 10,000 McDonald's or 10,000 Independent Hamburger joints?

No offense to your brand of Me ..but you can do both .. that is what we do .

As for the value I bring to the table ...depends on who you ask .. we have been able to recruit quality versus quantity agents and thus offer a more than competitive package

Please use a better example. McDonald's is a household name. Not only is it nation-wide, but world-wide. Can you name one IMO that can be named by a non-insurance professional? No, you can't. So let's compare apples to apples please.

Back