What is the Future?

I need some help. I've thought about getting into b2b health insurance sales for years and am wondering what everyone believes the future of the industry to be. Frankly, has Obamacare ruined it?

I live in MD. I believe the DC market has been destroyed but MD should be ok. Am I right, off base? Rates are going to rise, most companies already pay too much and are stressed...it seems like fireworks will erupt in 2014. You would think Obamacare as a whole or parts will need to be repealed...but who knows what's going on in this country anymore.

Is it still good to get into this field?

No. You're late to the party.

And I'm not trying to be obtuse, it's just bad timing to get into the health insurance field.

I think we're all too tired of talking about it for the past 3 years, and some don't care to give you the free pass to the front of the line. There are hundreds of threads you can take the time to read through. I promise your answer is in there.

Or, you can call me and I'll give you the pass for $100/hr. Serious Obamacare consulting services inquiries only.

im at the back of the line too, so ill put in my $300/hr opinion
(ill bill you later)
great opportunity for individual as long as you are cranked up and ready for the sprint with all marketing spigots ready for "on"

way too volatile and uncertain to start a small group biz though

if you have a book already, the increase in premiums, cross selling, and capturing groups who have an agent who thinks ACA actually IS affordable may put you towards the finish line

speaking of finish lines, we as agts might be closer to it adding more uncertainty and risk to your pursuit (lower commish, single payer, cut out entirely, etc)

buy a book?
most in this forum say....Nooooooooooooooo!!
i say, whats the price?

If you are serious about your question, take Yagents up on his offer of consultation for $100/hr. He has excellent marketing ideas, an astounding knowledge base about this law, and a grand dose of common sense. He will steer you clear of the pitfalls, and guide you to what successes are still viable for an agent entering this arena at this late date.

When I heard, "We have to pass it, so we know what's in it" I wrote my last health app that evening. Haven't looked back.

Final Expense
Blended Products
Critical Illness
Disability
Long Term Care
Dental

These products are still there, and there is no legislation (save LTC) that is screwing with them right now. While I am not saying you should take the path of least resistance, I am saying there is so much in your arsenal, you should take advantage of it WHILE you build up your Group Health Business.

but when everyone's health insurance prem. triples and hours are cut to under 30 hrs were is the money going to come from for these policy's.....

When I heard, "We have to pass it, so we know what's in it" I wrote my last health app that evening. Haven't looked back.

Final Expense
Blended Products
Critical Illness
Disability
Long Term Care
Dental

These products are still there, and there is no legislation (save LTC) that is screwing with them right now. While I am not saying you should take the path of least resistance, I am saying there is so much in your arsenal, you should take advantage of it WHILE you build up your Group Health Business.

but when everyone's health insurance prem. triples and hours are cut to under 30 hrs were is the money going to come from for these policy's.....

Since im new to the whole forum,,, i just add my 2 cents... do not have enough experience to charge 100/hr to veterans... but if peoples health insurance premiums triple... i think the critical illness becomes the largest player of the lot.. dental will still be needed .... people will still flock to the highest deductible plan to make them affordable or pay the fine/tax for not having and buy the lump sum plans to cover the deductible gap... agitate the comfortable and comfort the agitated...... they are always solutions and opportunities.... to the pessimist and optimist while you to are arguing about the glass of water ... i drank it the opportunist.

Back