What is the Future?

If health insurance is your passion, you should think about becoming a navigator not an agent. You dont sell policies, you help people enroll. You dont make commissions, you are paid by the hour.

Im already knee deep into it and plan on having at least a couple of big years as a result of obamacare. In the long run, the department of social services will be growing much faster than all of our agencies.

If health insurance is your passion, you should think about becoming a navigator not an agent. You dont sell policies, you help people enroll. You dont make commissions, you are paid by the hour.

Im already knee deep into it and plan on having at least a couple of big years as a result of obamacare. In the long run, the department of social services will be growing much faster than all of our agencies.

interesting concept........ almost sounds govt employee like...... but interesting all the same

When you're on an hourly pay, your upside is NIL, and your downside is they won't need you come April 14'

BTW, I don't "sell" policies, I consult and the result is a new client. As an independent agent/broker, I could care less which company they end up choosing. If they want coverage, they will get it.

to the pessimist and optimist while you to are arguing about the glass of water ... i drank it the opportunist.
Very good! A lot of pessimists have left this field. A lot of politicians have been giddy optimists... There are realists who see the glass as containing both water and air at the same time. Yet only the opportunist makes money.

This post is right on the money.

When you're on an hourly pay, your upside is NIL, and your downside is they won't need you come April 14'

BTW, I don't "sell" policies, I consult and the result is a new client. As an independent agent/broker, I could care less which company they end up choosing. If they want coverage, they will get it.

I am a sales person that also consults with people about their insurance. It's not a bad word. I too am objective, not influenced by which company pays the most, but if I wasn't a good sales person, then I wouldn't be where I am.

How many times have you objectively outlined someone's choices and they look at you and say "what do you think I should do". It's good to have an answer to that question and not "hey I'm just a consultant".

I was being cynical about the navigator thing. I sell insurance so I can get paid what I'm worth. Maybe it will make sense for someone that didn't quite have what it takes for a job with the census bureau. They would be happy to get paid by the hour and not by the enrollment.

Again, for a couple of years it will be a boon, but the biggest boon will be growing Medicaid recipients, and I don't think we will see any of that action.

Back