What Lengths Have You Gone to Provide Great Customer Service?

mrpink

Expert
Would love to hear your customer service stories and philosophies. What lengths have you gone to provide great customer service for your clients? And no, I don't count taking a call on a weekend to answer a question as going above and beyond :1cool:

Oh No, its Mrs pink again.

Why do you need customer service, I thought you rebated all your clients?

I thought you rebated all your clients?

Nope but I did run some A/B tests and tried different copy/keywords/conversations to test reactions, etc. Even if you don't agree with it, talking to prospective customers about rebating produces interesting results/takeaways. In fact, the conversions (with full commission) are better if done right. Go figure. Transparency is a highly valued form of customer service.

Hopefully in time you'll see I'm pretty rational with my approach. I'll play devil's advocate and test unconventional ideas to get a better understanding of things.

Nope but I did run some A/B tests and tried different copy/keywords/conversations to test reactions, etc. Even if you don't agree with it, talking to prospective customers about rebating produces interesting results/takeaways. In fact, the conversions (with full commission) are better if done right. Go figure. Transparency is a highly valued form of customer service.

Hopefully in time you'll see I'm pretty rational with my approach. I'll play devil's advocate and test unconventional ideas to get a better understanding of things.

Your just a troll, rebating is illegal and if it is legal in those couple states, to me, its unethical....thats buying the business no matter how you look at it and no way to build a successful business....

Your just a troll and if I recall, you arent even an agent.......

My marketing technique is direct mail where I offer a 50% rebate to anyone buying life insurance from me. I explain that if they want customer service, I won't rebate.

Works like a charm.

Rick

rebating is illegal and if it is legal in those couple states, to me, its unethical....thats buying the business no matter how you look at it and no way to build a successful business....

Man Red Blooded...you're like Walt from Gran Torino in my head :1laugh:

Rest assured I have no reason to ever bring up the topic again...and as long as you stop flipping out in every thread I participate in about rebating and treating me like I'm a leper wearing a scarlet letter we can all move on. No one cares. Really.

And who's trolling who?(Fact is I shouldn't be feeding the troll by replying to you) For crying out loud my handle was registered before your join date. Sheesh. Way to make a long time lurker feel welcome.

Anyway, back on point...I'm going to run a little "customer service" test this weekend:

1. Many agents are not accessible on the weekend so I want to leave 2 kinds of voicemails to the same agent.

2. One voicemail will be posed as a very high interest lead looking to get a policy done asap. Another voicemail will be as a customer with a claim question.

3. I want to see if the agent returns the customer question with similar timeliness as the high interest lead.

I really have no idea what will happen but I think it'll be an interesting exercise and data.

With all due respect, why would you waste your or another persons time?

In my opinion, wasting other people's time on their weekends is a pretty douchebag move.

are you even an agent? You sure want to waste your time dealing with stupid crap....

When someone leaves me a VM, I receive an email with the message, so I get it anywhere, if its important, I will take care of it immediately, if not, it can wait til monday.....

You go continue with your "research" while everyone else is out writting business....

While some might ridicule this sort of thing, I think there's some interesting information to come out of it. Here's the problem with the current test, as I understand your approach so far.

If you perform this test you will compare response rates between two variables, a claim inquiry and a new business inquiry.

I think (I'll admit I don't have enough information so far, but you've yet to elaborate) that you might be making a a slight fallacy using the availability heuristic by simply assuming that agents don't return phone calls on the weekend.

How much data do you have so far to either prove or disprove this? What other data from other individuals do you have to compare (i.e. attorney's who return phone calls over the weekend, plumbers who return phone calls over the weekend, your friends who return phone calls for casual conversation over the weekend, etc.). In other words, what is the base line?

If you're the one making the phone call and recording the results, and you are doing this locally, your sample size will likely be insufficient and your model will need to contend with a lot of exogeneity (think the infamous college degree value regression from many years ago).

There are several other problems I can think of, and I'd be happy to discuss if you're up to it.

I'm not sure why some are against you posting insurance discussions, on an insurance discussion forum?, but I do find this topic in particular, fairly interesting, however, I can tell you if a customer called and left me a message in regards to a claim question, he would get a call back on Monday. Now if he were calling to file a claim, I may return his call and give him the 1-800 claim number to call. Also, in regards to leads over the weekend, they can wait until Monday, but I think responses also vary on the demographics. For example, I am in a fairly rural area, and we are one of only 2, maybe 3 agents in the area that purchase leads from a specific vendor, knowing that, I can call on Monday, and know the other agents, haven't called him yet. We also have offices in the city of Orlando, with quite a bit of competition, if they get a lead on Saturday, and don't call on Saturday, they will lose out most of the time.

In regards to your original question, for a large client of mine, I went out to his home and spent ours with him, when he had a fire loss, he wanted me to do it, and he pays us quite a bit in insurance premium (roughly $12,000 just with personal lines). We have also received a call on the cell phone at 2:00 am from an elderly widow, who is a friend of the family, that needed help when she had a water claim pipe burst, but these are very rare occurences. Normally things can wait until the next day or Monday.

with all of this being said, I don't give out my cell phone very often, and I don't chck my work messages over the weekend.

Back