What to Use?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
What does everyone use to store client phone numbers, addresses, emails, notes, etc?

I was going to use apples address book to so I can sync with my iPhone, iPad, etc to have all my info with me all the time but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or advice?

I need to store about 1200 contacts. I was also considering using Dropbox to scan in all client files and have them with me but wasn't sure if it is necessary to ditch the paper files if I have notes on my contacts.

Any advice is appreciated!

What does everyone use to store client phone numbers, addresses, emails, notes, etc?

I was going to use apples address book to so I can sync with my iPhone, iPad, etc to have all my info with me all the time but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or advice?

I need to store about 1200 contacts. I was also considering using Dropbox to scan in all client files and have them with me but wasn't sure if it is necessary to ditch the paper files if I have notes on my contacts.

Any advice is appreciated!

Inasmuch as any advice is appreciated, here's mine...I use a shoebox with A-Z dividers for client names and names of streets that I've canvassed. Jan-Dec dividers for follow-ups and valuable prospects who aren't yet self-declared goofs.Seems to have a capacity of about 3000. I can get a lot on an index card. Target has a nice plastic shoebox one with a lid for four bucks that I'm thinking of upgrading to...Hope this helps.

Inasmuch as any advice is appreciated, here's mine...I use a shoebox with A-Z dividers for client names and names of streets that I've canvassed. Jan-Dec dividers for follow-ups and valuable prospects who aren't yet self-declared goofs.Seems to have a capacity of about 3000. I can get a lot on an index card. Target has a nice plastic shoebox one with a lid for four bucks that I'm thinking of upgrading to...Hope this helps.

Glad to see I am not the only one that runs my agency on the cutting edge of technology. I also make sure I keep my contact list up to date. You find it in my daily planner book. I try to remember to use a pencil instead of a ballpoint pen just in case I need to "update" :D

I guess the insurance industry likes to keep it old school? How do you keep organized?

I use a color coded excel sheet. Green for warm leads, yellow for x-date follow ups, red for full blown clients, etc. I also have them broken down on different excel sheets in case I need to cross reference. Every time I talk with someone, I update my notes on excel so I always know exactly where we left off.

If you guys can't spring for a couple of bucks and get Frank's YIO database or go to any office supply store and buy ACT by Sage, you deserve the mess you create for yourself.

No system is perfect. But any decent computer system is 1,000 times better than paper and pen.

I know, I know, Ben Franklin never had a computer and he did a bunch of cool stuff...

I guess the insurance industry likes to keep it old school? How do you keep organized?

Organized? :1confused: .. Actually do it the same way insurance agents did it for years..I use a daily planner.. Have my files alphabetically in a filing cabinet.. Find, that quicker than trying to enter data in the computer .. The only advantage a computer has is when it comes to retrieving and compiling data..

If you guys can't spring for a couple of bucks and get Frank's YIO database or go to any office supply store and buy ACT by Sage, you deserve the mess you create for yourself.

No system is perfect. But any decent computer system is 1,000 times better than paper and pen.

I know, I know, Ben Franklin never had a computer and he did a bunch of cool stuff...

Where do you store your paper files? Cabinet or Digital? I have really been up in the air if it is really necessary to scan all my files in to Dropbox if I have a Address book with all the notes.

Latest posts

Back